Clarity

• 1.  HOW TO CHARGE INVOICE AUTOMATICALLY TO A PROJECT COST

Posted Dec 05, 2016 11:46 AM

Hi,

I need some functional assistance.

I am tracking the cost of a Project using the CA PPM tool.

I am managing a Project  of 200000€ of Budget, apart from the human cost of the Project, that is reported with the timesheets entries, I want to track the material cost, my questions are:

1. Which is the way to track the material cost in the Project, for example, If I need to buy a server and a printer, how can I perform this operations in the CA PPM tool?

2. Once I have track of all the expenses (server and printer), how can I get the BAC of the Project?, I mean if I have bought those ítems for my Project, I have to update my Project Budget, how can I perform this operation automaticaly?

Thank you very much

Regards.

Francisco Villena 

• 2.  Re: HOW TO CHARGE INVOICE AUTOMATICALLY TO A PROJECT COST

Posted Dec 09, 2016 04:40 PM

The simplest way is using cost plan.

You add your material expenses in your cost plan (use transaction classes)

Then, you submit Cost Plan for approval to get a new Budget plan.

• 3.  Re: HOW TO CHARGE INVOICE AUTOMATICALLY TO A PROJECT COST

Posted Dec 13, 2016 03:39 AM

Thanks Aurora

I perform the actions you mentioned but the Budget Plan remains unchanged, what I don´t know is if I (the user) have to launch any type of job or any kind of backgrounf process in order to get the budget plan updated.

Kind regards

Francisco.

• 4.  Re: HOW TO CHARGE INVOICE AUTOMATICALLY TO A PROJECT COST

Posted Dec 13, 2016 03:53 AM

Everytime a Cost Plan is modified, user needs to submit again CP for approval and once it's approved, a new BP will be created with new figures.

• 5.  Re: HOW TO CHARGE INVOICE AUTOMATICALLY TO A PROJECT COST

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:49 PM

To track the actual costs of the materials, you can create a Transaction Entry through the UI or create a Voucher through XOG and post the actual costs through to WIP.  Once it is in WIP, and you run the job to 'import financial actuals' you will see it in the project and the cost plan and budget plan for 'actuals' and then you can update your baselines.

• 6.  Re: HOW TO CHARGE INVOICE AUTOMATICALLY TO A PROJECT COST

Posted Dec 15, 2016 06:50 AM

Thanks Kathryn,

Does it means that both transaction entry or to create a Voucher need to be performed by running a job?

Thanks!.

Francisco Villena

• 7.  Re: HOW TO CHARGE INVOICE AUTOMATICALLY TO A PROJECT COST

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2016 01:08 AM

Creating a Transaction Entry is done thru the UI.
    Creating a voucher thru XOG is not a job.
    But after posting either transaction to WIP you need to run the "import financial actual " job to put the data into the project