Clarity

• 1.  Can we do refresh JSuser schema from another environment

Posted Dec 06, 2016 09:18 AM

Hi All,

We are planning to refresh our lower environment DB with Prod DB data. Need to refresh the jaspersoft as well. Can we refresh the JSUSER schema ? We have changed the password of superuser for security purpose in different environments(passwords are not same also). 

Need advise on this topic. Do we need to make any changes after the post refresh in lower environment?

Thanks,

Agin

• 2.  Re: Can we do refresh JSuser schema from another environment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2016 11:04 AM

Reporting database are not like PPM database where you can import and export, I would rather suggest to export the content and reimport it. You can get the user by running the Create Jaspersoft user job.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Can we do refresh JSuser schema from another environment

Posted Dec 07, 2016 02:19 AM

Thanks Suman.

if we perform the export action and import in another environment, do we need to regenerate keystore in that lower environment? 

Hope if use 'export everything' option, it will export all including resources , reports and everything ,it include superuser as well. if we import it in to our lower environment. Will it corrupt the lower environment? 

Thanks,

Agin

• 4.  Re: Can we do refresh JSuser schema from another environment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2016 04:04 AM

Why do you want resources, as I mentioned you can run the job and get the users created, 

• 5.  Re: Can we do refresh JSuser schema from another environment

Posted Dec 07, 2016 06:51 AM

Suman, 

We have many folders in Jaspersoft for security purpose and users are given access to each folders based on their security groups. Hence i need all folders to be in our lower environments also. if we use 'export everything' option, it will export all including resources , reports and everything. How we can delete the resources folder from that zip file which we exported.

Is there any way to export everything expect resource folder? Could you please advise?

Thanks,

Agin