SYSVIEW Performance Management

• 1.  Sysview MQ API module not found

Posted Dec 06, 2016 10:27 AM

Hello fellow Sysview users. I have ran into an issue and not sure how to resolve. I have one Sysplex with 19 LPAR's in it. All DASD is shared and I have one set of running libraries for Sysview to use across all LPAR's. I access Sysview via the TSO interface GSVXTSO and when I do I get the following error.

GSVX998E MQSR048E MQ API module not found in JOBLIB/STEPLIB/TASKLIB or LINKLIST

This happened after a recent IPL of all systems and the MQ libraries were removed from LNKLIST that do not run MQ.

I recreated this error on my sandbox Sysplex and to test I have created a separate CNM4SCFG PDS with a modified GSVX member setting the WebSphere-MQ option to No. I created a separate CNM4BPRM and modified the Sysview member and disabled MQSDATA. In the MQSERIES member I set the API-LOAD-LIBRARY to none. I then recycled Sysview modifying the startup proc to use the new datasets. I get back into Sysview and I am still getting the error message.

I am at a loss. Any ideas suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you for your help

James

• 2.  Re: Sysview MQ API module not found
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2016 05:56 PM

Hello Jim,

The only suggestion that I would have is on the LPARs where you don't have MQ libraries in LinkList log on through the VTAM interface and issue the SYSVIEW command LIBVIEW PARMLIB MQSERIES.

This will take you to the true MQSERIES Parmlib entry that is getting picked up for that LPAR. 

Other that that I would suggest that you open a case with SYSVIEW support to have this behavior investigated by them.

-Bob Brandl 

• 3.  Re: Sysview MQ API module not found

Posted Dec 07, 2016 08:58 AM

Thank you Robert,

That does help as I can see it is reading a cached version of the MQSERIES member.

Appreciate the response

James