IDMS

• 1.  Does TACT (The A consulting Team) still exist?

Posted Dec 06, 2016 04:21 PM

I have a client that I am upgrading to IDMS 19.0, they currently are at 17.0 SP1, they had a product from TACT called GENX, nobody knows anything about it or if it is still used? I installed in under 17.0 by link editing a number of ADS modules with the GENX load modules, so I need to see if they still exist or if they even support this product under IDMS 19.0? Thanks in advance for any information. You can contact me directly at archcons@archcons.com or (704) 641-0296.

• 2.  Re: Does TACT (The A consulting Team) still exist?

Posted Dec 07, 2016 10:15 AM

They are now know as  Helios and Matheson North America, the website is listed as www.hmnasoftware.com but I cannot get to that WEBSite.

I am not sure that they still support software, I do know that we used to license DB EZ Reorg through TACT but we now deal directly with Cogito, who I believe is the developer.

This post has been corrected from the earlier link to Helios and Matheson (www.heliosmatheson.com) , although I still suggest they may know what happened to the GENX product.

• 3.  Re: Does TACT (The A consulting Team) still exist?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 07, 2016 11:21 AM

After Cogito used H&M as their US agent following TACT, they then started up Cogito NA retaining a lot of the same people.  Since then Cogito has been acquired by Syncsort.

https://my.cogito.co.uk/index.php?/News/NewsItem/View/151/cogito-is-now-a-syncsort-company 

I still see some GENX references in the install for their EZ-DB products but we don't use it and it looks like there have been no changes since 2011.   ADS really hasn't changed since R17 other than maybe some influences from SQL changes.

• 4.  Re: Does TACT (The A consulting Team) still exist?

Posted Dec 07, 2016 11:18 AM

Hi, as Tommy has already mentioned, TACT were bought by Helios and Matheson (HMNA) and GENX is one of the IDMS tools still owned by HMNA. While HMNA are still responsible for licensing/renewals etc, the tech support for their IDMS products (including GENX) has always been done by Cogito. So GENX is still supported and still runs under IDMS R19 - just relink with the R19 ADS modules. 

Just to confuse matters slightly, Cogito was recently bought by Syncsort - though the Cogito name still lives! If you need more details/help, please feel free to contact me directly at cpetley@syncsort.com

Regards

Clive Petley