CA Service Management

• 1.  Is there a way to add SLA violation metrics to email notifications?

Posted Dec 07, 2016 09:47 AM

I am attempting to update some of our message templates with information concerning SLA's such as the total time allowed, time left until SLA is broken, and date/time SLA will be broken. I have searched several documents and the forums and found that some SLA parameters may require other modifications to Macros/Spel code.  Any information on this subject would be a great help!

Also, is there a list of OOTB email variables?

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to add SLA violation metrics to email notifications?

Posted Dec 09, 2016 01:39 PM

UPDATE:

I have created a new multi-notification macro to be kicked off by the SLA upcoming/missed event we have set.  The macro uses a custom email template that takes advantage of the built in CA variables to display unique information relating to the ticket such as assignee (@{call_req_id.assignee.combo_name}) and status(@{call_req_id.status.sym}).  The issue we are now running into is that these variables are not returning any information when the email is sent this way.  Is there another set of unique variables that we need to use to pull the information, a setting that must be in place, or will we need to create a different macro altogether?

We have successfully done this before with emails being triggered by Change status updates and workflow conditions being met which is what the SLA macro was modeled after.  I have also tested the notification using the OOTB email and the same issue occurs.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to add SLA violation metrics to email notifications?

Posted Dec 09, 2016 02:03 PM

Hi Richard,

Can you provide more information about the macro and email template that you are using?  It appears that the variables are not being resolved when the email template goes out, and that is probably due to a syntax issue, a customization, or some larger issue.  You can compare the source tab of the message template that you are using against the source tab of an OOTB email template using a similar field to rule out a syntax issue, and you can try removing your customizations to see if the issue persists as well.  If all references are not being resolved properly after those steps, then I would recommend opening a CA Support case to determine the cause of that issue.

Regards,

Marty

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to add SLA violation metrics to email notifications?

Posted Dec 09, 2016 03:39 PM

Hey Marty,

Here is a screencap of the macro.  It is a very basic Multi-Notification with only two Obj Contacts.

Multi Notification Macro

The email template I am currently working with currently is the default email template and here is the output I am getting.

As you can see the email and it HTML elements remain intact but the standard object calls for information are unable to get information.  I am currently working other higher priority issues so I may be delayed in responding but any information is greatly appreciated as is the document you provided below.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to add SLA violation metrics to email notifications?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2016 05:57 PM

Hi Richard,

@{call_req_id.assignee.combo_name} and @{call_req_id.status.sym} would be appropriate in a template that was being used by an Activity Notification. For a template that is used by a Multi-Notification Macro then @{assignee.combo_name} and @{status.sym} would be appropriate.

Cheers,

Lindsay

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to add SLA violation metrics to email notifications?

Posted Dec 12, 2016 09:59 AM

Thank you Lindsay!

I took your advice/example and removed the "call_req_id" portion of the calls and now I have the following result:

This is a great step in the right direction and given a little more time and experimentation I should be able to get what I need.  I had no idea that the different ways to call email templates required different object calls to be able to provide the same information. Will consider this the answer and open another question if I run into any other complications.

• 7.  Re: Is there a way to add SLA violation metrics to email notifications?

Posted Dec 12, 2016 06:44 PM

For an Activity Notification the base object is the Activity Log (alg) so you must reference back to the Incident object via the call_req_id attribute. For the Multi-Notification Macro the base object is the Incident itself.

• 8.  Re: Is there a way to add SLA violation metrics to email notifications?

Posted Dec 09, 2016 01:57 PM

Hi Richard,

The documentation has a list of the attributes for each object here: Objects and Attributes - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation .  There is obviously some specific syntax for notifications (parentheses, brackets, @, etc.), but the attributes should be the same.  I will take a look at your update as well to see if I can provide additional information.

Regards,

Marty