CA Service Management

• 1.  How do I expose templates for Employees?

Posted Dec 07, 2016 01:47 PM

Not sure why I am not finding this, so I'll put it out here.  I would like to simplify our end user's request creation process by making templates available to them.  For instance, they may have trouble determining the request area and/or assignee (we reuse our request areas therefore having a default assigned group, doesn't work for us).

I have created a request and given it a name in the template tab.  The template active flag is also marked as "Active".  I am unsure how the employee data partition will affect templates, so I updated that employee view constraint to this:

The good news is, the template requests do show up in the request list.  However my expectation is to have a link with create request from template.  I seem to remember having done this in previous releases.

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: How do I expose templates for Employees?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 09:09 AM

Celso -

Another option is to create a knowledge article that has a link to create a ticket from a template (this is an option when creating the knowledge article - use the insert menu option in the html editor).

Regards,

Carol

• 3.  Re: How do I expose templates for Employees?

Posted Dec 08, 2016 09:13 AM

HI Carol,

That's a great idea.  Saves me from wading into the employee details page.

Regards,

Celso