DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Tunneling

Posted Dec 07, 2016 12:21 PM

Hi everybody,

I have the MOM in the internal net and I should connect across a tunnel with a collector who is in DMZ, is it possible?...how?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: Tunneling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2016 12:25 PM

Configure your MOM and collector to talk/listen on a secure channel. Look at the wiki or EM properties file for how to enable the secure channel.

• 3.  Re: Tunneling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2016 01:41 PM

I also forgot to mention (but should be a given/known) that you will have to request a new firewall rule to allow MOM to poll the Collector for data.

• 4.  Re: Tunneling

Posted Dec 07, 2016 02:40 PM

Hi Haruhiko,

Does the MON always start the connection? Because in that way we could request them open this port for incoming connection.

• 5.  Re: Tunneling
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 07, 2016 03:11 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Osvaldog,

Yes, the MoM always initiates the connection to the Collectors, you don’t necessarily need a secure channel.

If your security rules do not permit this flow, but you’re allowed to go the other way, you can consider opening ssh connections from the Collectors to the MOM and using ssh port tunneling.

Regs,

Florian.

• 6.  Re: Tunneling

Posted Dec 09, 2016 07:17 AM

Hi Florian, but the security rules don't allow me opening connection from the collector to MOM. Thanks

• 7.  Re: Tunneling

Posted Dec 09, 2016 08:23 AM

The default mechanism is from MOM to Collectors, so you should be fine then?

• 8.  Re: Tunneling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 12:18 PM

Hi Osvaldo,

Has Haruhiko's and Florian's replies helped?  If so, please mark this question as answered.

Thanks,

Matt

• 9.  Re: Tunneling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2016 11:20 AM

Hi Osvaldo:

Did Florian's last response on default mechanisms help or are you are needing further assistance? Please let us know

Thanks

Hal German