DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to create this data source?

Posted Dec 08, 2016 07:18 AM

Hello. I have found this video on YouTube about how to create a dashboard for several devices. And i think it is very usefull. I do not understand what the guy is saying , but I understand what he is doing

CA UIM: Context Selector - YouTube

I have a question thou. A the minute 14:05 you will see that he selects a specific type of data source. How did he got it there? I have tried to arrange my data in order to obtain the same thing, but I must be doing somethign wrong. All i see are the clients, not the sections, as he has. So i can drag the CPU over the graph, for example, but only for a client. Not as he does, for a general use.

Any tips much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

• 2.  Re: How to create this data source?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 08:24 AM

So it looks like he is just using the new feature where you can use usm groups.

So when you go to metrics and click on all that brings up the all groups in USM.

he then is drilling down into the usm group called windows servers and then one to robot which is an individual system I believe and then getting his metric there.

The magic for how the context selector works is back at about minute 5 in the you tube video.

hope this helps

• 3.  Re: How to create this data source?

Posted Dec 09, 2016 01:29 AM

Helo Gene. 

That's the thing, the robot is not one individual system. the CPU section that he drags over the graph, from the ROBOT subsection, is not one individual system. If it would have been one idividual system, we should be seeing a list of servers names there, but we do not.

I have followed every step in the video. I have draged the CPU for one system, but the graph does not change, even thou I choose another system from the list.

So it has to be something else. Maybe he is using the ADMIN CONSOLE to configure the QOS data? Is there a difference between the old Infrastructure Manager and ADMIN CONSOLE when it comes to saving QOS data?

Best regards Alex.

• 4.  Re: How to create this data source?

Posted Dec 09, 2016 04:22 AM

Helo Gene. I get that back.

It is only one robot. However, strange that it does not work in my case. I have to ta a better look maybe. I get back on this one.