CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SD chrome browser issue

Posted Dec 08, 2016 07:44 AM

Dears,

I am facing strange issue nowadays on chrome browser but works fine on IE.

This issue occurs only for few roles. when i click on the create new request from the menu bar, request page get opens but just with Menu bar, ticket number & buttons. detail information is missing on the page (screen1.jpg). in chrome debugger i found error message " pdmweb.exe:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined"(chrome_debugger.jpg). Please let me know if anyone know fix for this.

Regards,

Sushant

• 2.  Re: CA SD chrome browser issue

Posted Dec 08, 2016 09:25 AM

Sushant, 

Can you tell me if your detail_cr.htmpl form is customized for the form group which the affected role is using?  Also are there any CSS or .js files that are specific for that role?

You may want to disable custom forms/js/css files and then re-test it to see if it still occurs.

Outside of that, I am not sure - you may need to open a support case for this one.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CA SD chrome browser issue

Posted Dec 21, 2016 02:44 AM

Hi Jon,

I am able to troubleshoot this issue. i found that one of the menubar file was customized & causing this error however i removed that customization & it works fine for me. Not sure if client will agree on this as it was working fine earlier. Awaiting for client reply now.

Thanks 

Sushant

• 4.  Re: CA SD chrome browser issue

Posted Dec 08, 2016 09:42 AM

Hi,

depending on your secod screenshot you can switch to source code ("Elements" tab in Chrome) and search for "toString", out-of-the-box page didn't include that function call, so you can find the problem line quickly.

Regards,

cdtj

• 5.  Re: CA SD chrome browser issue

Posted Dec 12, 2016 12:11 AM
      |   view attached

Hi cdtj,

Thanks for your reply. I can see following messages in Element Tab  not

sure if i need to remove this tags.

Regards,

Sushant Bansode

Givaudan GSD Support

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 3:43 PM, cdtj <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com

• 6.  Re: CA SD chrome browser issue

Posted Dec 20, 2016 10:10 AM

I don't know if this will help or not but we started noticing specific things not working properly in Chrome within the last month and narrowed it down to Chrome v 54 update.  Everything on ours was working fine on v53 or previous.  As soon as v54 came out, some functions are clocking.  I have not had a chance to compile all the info yet to open a support case but check to see if this is the cause of your issue.  I don't know what changed in the browser to cause problems though.

To prove it, I had to remove Chrome and find an installer for previous versions to roll it back.