DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Generating alerts through powershell

Posted Dec 08, 2016 07:11 AM

Hi,

I am trying to see if we can create an alert using powershell. Basically, I am trying to run a powershell script when an alert happens and to see if I can either update the alert or send out a new alert using powershell. I am running all of these using the database and nas alerts.

If I need to update an alert, which fields and tables should be updated or is this something possible? I know it is not recommended to modify any contents but trying to see if there are ways to achieve this like creating a new table or something of that sort.

-kag

• 2.  Re: Generating alerts through powershell

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 07:24 AM

is there a reason you are not just using the build in nas LUA scripting?

• 3.  Re: Generating alerts through powershell

Posted Dec 08, 2016 07:58 AM
      |   view attached

Honestly, I am just a beginner in LUA trying to master to reach that level

-kag

• 4.  Re: Generating alerts through powershell

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 12:31 PM

Even though you are new to LUA I would strongly suggest you focus there for you needs.

Start with the NAS documentation.

If you have a specific Use case if you provide that others here can help with that.

I do not know of any client I have heard of using power shell to do this.

The nas Extensions to Lua (All Versions) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: Generating alerts through powershell

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 03:22 PM

On a hub, in the folder \Nimsoft\bin\ you will find a utility called nimalarm.exe which can be used to send an alarm (although it is somewhat limited.)

Perhaps you might be able to leverage this executable in a Powershell script.