Clarity

• 1.  Importing actuals from SAP to Clarity

Posted Dec 08, 2016 01:39 PM

Hello,

We have a request in place to import cost info from SAP to Clarity. This includes labor, software cost, professional services expenses etc. Clarity is already used for time entry that info is sent to SAP via an interface. The purpose is to see everything in one tool for reporting and forecast purposes.

I tried transactions xog to import in to Clarity. Both Clarity time and transactions from external source end up in WIP adjustments. Does this create a problem of duplicates? Do we need to use another mechanism other than transactions for labor data?

If anyone has done this in their organization, please share your thoughts.

We are at very initial stages of this requirement and I have given what I know at this moment. If you need more info I will try my best.

Thank you,

Rajani.

• 2.  Re: Importing actuals from SAP to Clarity

Posted Dec 09, 2016 03:47 PM

Hi

It should not create a duplicate, but again that's not a good practice. But, I'm not really sure if you are submitting twice the labor cost (from SAP and at the same time using timesheet in CA PPM).

I'd suggest to engage CA Services. We have many experiences with SAP integrations. What "labor" cost are you trying to import? just external? ... so all internal is in CA PPM?