Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Excel Addin Issue - REquirement, Feature and Parent shows name not Formatted ID

• 1.  Excel Addin Issue - REquirement, Feature and Parent shows name not Formatted ID

Posted Dec 09, 2016 10:38 AM

The Requirement, Feature, and Parent fields which i would like to use to connect US to Init for tables etc provides the Name and not the FormattedID.

Thus causing an issue when I connect items with non descriptive names. I believe it would make more sense to display FormattedID rather than the Name

• 2.  Re: Excel Addin Issue - REquirement, Feature and Parent shows name not Formatted ID

Posted Dec 14, 2016 09:52 AM

Andrew, I've noticed this as well in my subscription and there's no good answer to the problem using the Excel Add-In. The best workaround that I've found is a bit of a kludge but what I do is to get the set of stories I'm after using the Custom List app, export to CSV and then trim the results in the subject column. For example, the Feature for one of my stories will export as "Feature F15505: Blah blah blah" so it's not too hard to use an Excel formula to trim the Formatted ID out of that string.

There's an oblique discussion of this issue with the Excel Add-In in Agile Central Ideas at https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D3247  but there's not been much interest and the idea is archived. Wish I had a better suggestion for you.