CA Service Management

• 1.  Contacts Objects - Macros

Posted Dec 09, 2016 09:59 AM

Hello Community,

Im creating some multiple notification macros, in the object contacts tab i see there's "group" object but i'll like to send the notification to the analyst that is set to manager in the group configuration.. it's this possible?

I know there's a macro that goes and notify the manager of the group but it brings a default email template and the customer have a different one that he'll like to use.

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Contacts Objects - Macros

Posted Dec 09, 2016 01:00 PM

Hi Jason - At the current time I dont think we have an attribute to specify the group's manager as a contact-object.  There is the macro that can notify the manager of a group, but yes, it has a built-in default template and does not use a custom one.  I dont know if this can be accomplished out of the box, it seems like it would need a pretty good amount of custom code to accomplish.

Anyone else have anything to share on this?

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Contacts Objects - Macros

Posted Dec 09, 2016 01:48 PM

Hi Jason,

Administration tab -> notifications -> Object contact Notification (NOt sure of the translation).

Create a new one :

Sym : Group supervisor

Object type : Request/Incident/Problem

Attribute name : group.supervisor_contact_uuid

You can then add it in the Object contact tab

Hope this helps

• 4.  Re: Contacts Objects - Macros

Posted Dec 09, 2016 01:50 PM

And as per your question, it seems that this notification contact already exists. So you can try to add it in the tab.

• 5.  Re: Contacts Objects - Macros

Posted Dec 09, 2016 02:18 PM
      |   view attached

Hello PO,

Thanks, I’ll try this.

De: POssq 

Enviado el: Friday, December 9, 2016 2:49 PM

Para: Jason Lara <lara_jason@mediatrix.com.do>

Asunto: Re:  - Re: Contacts Objects - Macros

<https://communities.ca.com/?et=watches.email.thread> CA Communities

Re: Contacts Objects - Macros

reply from POssq <https://communities.ca.com/people/POssq?et=watches.email.thread>  in CA Service Management - View the full discussion <https://communities.ca.com/message/241943992?commentID=241943992&et=watches.email.thread#comment-241943992>

• 6.  Re: Contacts Objects - Macros

Posted Dec 12, 2016 05:43 AM

Hi Jason,

Just be aware that group.supervisor_contact_uuid is not necessarily the contact flagged as the 'Group Manager' on the Group record. For Pier-Olivier's suggestion to work you need to also make sure that the supervisor field on the Group contact record (Organizational Info tab) is set to the same contact flagged as Group Manager on the members tab.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Brian