DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Traces not correlated

• 1.  Traces not correlated

Posted Dec 12, 2016 08:47 AM

Hello guys,

We can't see the traces correlated

Why can't we see the trace correlated on the first screen?

Regards,

Fernando

• 2.  Re: Traces not correlated
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2016 12:52 PM

Hi Fernando,

These appear to be from two different agents.  Are they supposed to be part of a cross process trace?

Go to the Investigator,

1. Select a transaction trace from the list displayed in the Transaction Trace Viewer or the Historical Query Viewer, then click the Trace View tab.
    2. Select Trace > Correlated Events to display a list of the traces on other processes or nodes that are part of the selected transaction trace.

This should show you the correlated events.  Any transaction trace that is not a cross process trace will not have any correlated events.

• 3.  Re: Traces not correlated

Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:02 AM

Hi there,

I don't see the option "Correlated Events

Regards,

Fernando

• 4.  Re: Traces not correlated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:26 AM

Hi Fernando:
    What release are you using for these screenshots?

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Traces not correlated

Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:32 AM

Hi Hal,

Release 10.0

• 6.  Re: Traces not correlated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 09:26 AM

Fernando,

To see the correlated events, using Workstation, you would go to the trace as displayed here.

Then click on Trace -> Correlated Events

Which results in the display of the correlated events.

• 7.  Re: Traces not correlated

Posted Dec 14, 2016 05:16 AM

Hi there,

Sorry for late reply, I was testing here, and this only works if the calls are on the same machine. I can' see the correlation of traces if i call one transaction from other machine. If everything runs on the same machine, then the correlation works well but if i have calls to another machine, i can't see everything correlated... If the transaction works in the same machine, works well, if works from different machines don't work  

Thx,

Fernando

• 8.  Re: Traces not correlated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 06:34 AM

musma03 Hiko_Davis thoughts on this?

• 9.  Re: Traces not correlated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2016 05:49 PM

Hi Fernando:

Did you find Matt's answer helpful and find the needed correlated events? If his reply has correctly answered your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button so others can benefit from this information. Slse, please provide what you see after doing teh steps that Matt suggested.

Thanks Hal German

• 10.  Re: Traces not correlated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:36 AM

musma03, any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Hal German

• 11.  Re: Traces not correlated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 08:14 AM

Hi Fernando,

One possibility could be that the instrumentations on the remote webservice didn’t receive and/or handle the correlation ID properly.  Did yoou check if the same correlation ID was being passed over and processed when invoking the remote webservice?

Also, correlation should work if the custom pbd would also specify proper correlation ID handling. You can check if there is a proper correlation tracer being specified at their webservice endpoints.  It may require assistances from the customer technical team and/or our service team for the customization.

Regards,
    Sergio

• 12.  Re: Traces not correlated

Posted Dec 14, 2016 11:11 AM

Hi Sergio,

I have some info now. I was making Transaction Traces Sessions. I discover now that the transactions who appear on Transaction Trace Viewer, now they show the correlation on Agent traces. But the same transaction without appear on Transaction Trace Viewer don't show the correlation on Agent traces. Example, the same transaction on Transaction Trace Viewer and  Agent traces:

I can see the correlation on both. But now the same transaction without using Transaction Trace Session don't show the correlation:

The correlation only works if I use Transaction Traces Session?

Or should i see the correlation on Agent traces? (without using Transaction Traces Session)

Thx,

Fernando

• 13.  Re: Traces not correlated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2016 11:43 AM

Hi Fernando,

I tested this in my 10.3 environment and only in the Transaction Trace Viewer (or the Historical Query Viewer) I can see the correlation ID.  I do not see it in the traces tab of the agent in the Investigator.

Thanks,
    Matt