CA Service Management

Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (December 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (December 2016)

Posted Dec 12, 2016 12:36 PM

Miss the December Service Management Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in January for the next session!

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a few minutes.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK we're ready to go!
    from J.W. to Everyone: Hello Everyone. I have questions opened on the Communities but really more assistance on SDM and Multiple LDAP Domains. Does anyone have this working for import/sync and also when trying to use the tecdoc to modify the contact when it becomes inactive in AD (using multiple domains)?
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Everyone: Reference to open question: https://communities.ca.com/thread/241766766
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - what are the specific issues you are having with LDAP? We may be able to give you some answers here.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Everyone - If you haven't already please take a couple minutes and give us your feedback. Your CA Service Management Feedback is Crucial! https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-service-management/blog/2016/10/31/your-ca-service-management-feedback-is-crucial
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon - Well, it's laid out in the open question in the Community and there are several other open questions
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - reading it now...
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon. You can add another domain but it will not import without creating new accounts because to allow passthrough authentication, each contact must have domain\userid format but this is not what is search against during import and so creates new accounts.
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon. Also, if you follow this tecdoc, then all contacts which had ldap_dn other than the one currently being sync'd will be inactivated. http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec489029.html
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - Yes, I see that you also have a support case open for that in which you are already working on with an engineer. Looking at the case, it appears the engineer is working towards finding a solution by way of testing in-house etc.
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon, I asking if anyone has this working as documented - because there are open questions besides mine.
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - your best bet on this is to follow up with the engineer working on your case - but Yes, if anyone has something related to this to share, please do! We are always open to ideas and collaboration here
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Ready fr more questions!
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: *for
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: has anyone implemented cumulative patch 3 for 14.1 yet and if so, do you have any gotchas or things to look out for?
    from J.W. to Everyone: @everyone. New question. I need to allow Employees in SDM to have a dropdown to select a limited list of Groups. I have this in WSP working but not when using the Employee Role. It has function access of View to contacts and I've updated the data parition to allow view to the specific groips as well as the @root.id but the list remains empty.
    from stephanie to Everyone: @andrea we have implemented in test and not prod becasue i have run into several issues. Some environment related and xflow but also service desk and catalog related
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Andrea. (1) If you are not installing xFlow, you will need to go into Options Manger aftewards and disable the Heat&Weather function manually and restart services. (2) There is a post-Cum3 patch that resolves issues with email integration and responding to surveys which must be installed.
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Andrea - have you tested yourself in a non-PROD environment?
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: @stephanie and @J.W. thanks!
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: @Paul, not yet, we're just starting to evaluate it
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: @Paul going to be doing our out of the box sandbox environment and Dev this month
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Andrea - do you plan on using xFlow or Elastic Search?
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - what is the exact constraint syntax that you are using?
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: @Paul not xFlow... but I haven't looked at Elastic Search yet, what does it offer?
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon: id = @root.id OR last_name IN ('Facilities','IT')
    from J.W. to Everyone: @jon; View constraint
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Andrea - the following documentation should help - https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/release-information/what-s-new-in-this-release/ca-service-management-release-14-1-03-enhancements
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: @Paul, thanks!
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Andrea - just a reminder, that if you plan on using Jasper reporting (replacement for CABI), CA SDM 14.1 CUM#3 is a requirement
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: @Paul we're not using CABI now, we may decide to start using Jasper if it doesn't require another instance of SDM or merge replication
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Andrea - as always, if you run into any issues while testing CA SDM 14.1 CUM#3, please reach out either via the Community, CA Support Chat or a CA Support ticket
    from J.W. to Everyone: @andrea. The post-Cum3 patch I was referring to is: RO92235 but it may have been withdrawn. Look for errors with logins in stdlog if email integration fails.
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: @J.W thanks! I'll keep an eye out
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - can you try to do it with id IN (@root.id, UUIDofFacilities, UUIDofIT) ?
    from J.W. to Everyone: @jon - checking now....
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Everyone - RO92235 is still valid and published - https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/solncdndtls?aparno=RO92235&os=WINDOWS&docid=642121&actionID=5
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Do we have any other questions out there?
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Everyone - if anyone attended CA World 2016, would be interested in your thoughts/impressions
    from stephanie to Everyone: I survived CA World.
    from stephanie to Everyone: I thought the sessions were very informative and the smart bar and meet the experts were great
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Stephanie - glad to hear you survived :). Thanks for the feedback
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Everone - sorry, my bad, it was RO90245 withdrawn.
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon - what's the proper syntax for using uuid? I tried with and with a preceeding U'
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - U'2988792452E2B245BB2FDA67F61E3957'
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: that doesnt work?
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon: No: This gives invalid constraint: id = IN (@root.id, U'C519A338136C434B953E4526231E8489', U'6FC108E40395DB49BDE760613D98766A')
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - does it work without the @root.id part?
    from J.W. to Everyone: @jon - no joy
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - one moment, I am checking into it
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: does anyone know how to get around the Cartesian errors when trying to do an "OR" search on two different fields from the additional search arguments?
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - what if we try id=U'UUID' OR id=
    from J.W. to Everyone: @jon, btw I also just tried to inactivate the OOTB constraint think it would allow them to see all contacts - no change - so I think it might be somewhere else
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - sorry... meant id=U'UUID1' OR id=U'UUID2' OR id=U'UUID3'
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: for example we'd like to search incidents where category = 'Entry Point.Developer Tools.SmartPoint' or z_entry_point - 'Desktop.Smartpoint' which should be a very simple search however it returns a Cartesian error
    from Andrea Holmes to Everyone: sorry, mistyped category = 'Entry Point.Developer Tools.SmartPoint' or z_entry_point = 'Desktop.Smartpoint'
    from J.W. to Everyone: @jon this saves without error but does not show any entries in the dropdown: id = @root.id OR id = U'C519A338136C434B953E4526231E8489' OR id = U'6FC108E40395DB49BDE760613D98766A'
    from J.W. to Everyone: @jon - I logged out of the user, cleared cache and back in.
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - Not sure, this is something we would need to test out further in-house and see if we can figure out a way to get it to work. I would recommend opening support case for this so one of us can work through it with you.
    from J.W. to Everyone: @jon. Thanks. I'll also post to the Community - since this is working in WSP logged in with Administrator role, does anyone know a WSP config to allow me to preview in another role?
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK Everyone - We're wrapping up for today. Thanks for participating and we'll see you back here in the new year!
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Thanks again everyone and please join us again in January 2017!
    from J.W. to Everyone: Thanks and Happy Holidays, everyone
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Happy Holidays!