Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Posted Dec 12, 2016 02:40 PM

Dears,

I want to add one NIC additional to CA PAM Appliance such as documentation said:

"NICs: One interface Add any additional required interfaces before initial boot."

I followed such as documentation and I set second NIC but it does not work because I tried ping to second NIC but without sucessful. Ping to first NIC (default) is sucessful.

Anyone had same issue?

Is possible access to Appliance via SSH?

Please your help.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Posted Dec 12, 2016 05:08 PM

I would assume you are utilizing the VM (OVA), and have you attempted to check to make sure the VM has both NIC resources assigned to it? The appliance should automatically pick it up I believe if the configuration was fully completed as there are always tedious steps that are overlooked. If you cannot ping the NIC, the configuration may not be complete. Also, only support can SSH to the appliance as it is locked down for security purposes.

How to add a NIC to an Azure Virtual Machine (ARM) | buildwindows 

• 3.  Re: CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Posted Dec 12, 2016 06:00 PM

thopa08 yes, I'm using OVA with VMWare.

Before load VM I added one NIC and after boot VM how I make sure that NIC additional was assigned?

After boot appliance, in LCD only show GB1 enabled by default. I enabled GB2 and set ip address but I cannot ping nor access web via GB2 (additional NIC).

• 4.  Re: CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2016 06:30 PM

Hi Ricardo

How did you enable the NIC ? Enabling it just at the LCD does not really guarantee it is added at OS level.

Did you add the NIC, then reboot the application and were you able to ping it ?

If this is not so, the actual NIC may not be enabled in fact. We would need to see the syslog/messages of the appliance to understand I it is starting

• 5.  Re: CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Posted Dec 13, 2016 03:50 PM

Hi Miguel,

To VMWare level the NIC additional is added and enabled, then I boot initial appliance.

After appliance is power on, I enabled second NIC on LCD, then restarted networking and reboot the appliance.

But I able to ping to first NIC but I do not able to ping to second NIC.

How I extract the syslog/messages? is possible via web or is necessary access via ssh?

• 6.  Re: CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Posted Dec 14, 2016 12:45 PM

When you add the NIC from the vmware interface, have you verified that the vmnet is configured for the same network or has connectivity to the network you are attempting to access the interface from?  Also, how does the interface configuration appear within the PAM UI under Config > Networking?  Does it show the IP/Subnet and is the enabled checked?  

• 7.  Re: CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Posted Dec 14, 2016 06:23 PM

milda17 yes, I verified that the vmnet ha access to network.

Via web the second NIC appears with IP, Mask and enabled checked.

• 8.  Re: CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 09:30 AM

There are a couple of possibilities with this. First there is VMware networking....if not configured for that IP there could be an issue. Secondly there are routing considerations. You may need to add additional routes to support the second nic card/address range (see the "Additional Routes" button on the bottom of the Network Interfaces  section in the network config) .. If neither of the suggestions works I would suggest that you simply open a support issue and someone can help walk you through the configuration 

• 9.  Re: CA PAM - Add NIC Additional

Posted Sep 28, 2018 03:16 AM

Hi All,

I have the same problem where 2nd NIC is not reachable via ping and first is working fine.

Any solution so far , will help me.

Thanks

Yogesh