Service Virtualization

• 1.  Deleting incoming attributes

Posted Dec 12, 2016 04:01 PM

I created a VS where the model is expected to delete few repeating section of incoming request xml and consider only the second xml section elements.

I added a Request Data Manager to delete those <details> elements..but when I remove those elements in my request xml in one of the test cases, the response says

"<faultstring>The LISA VSE service could not match your request to a recorded request. Consider expanding your service image.</faultstring>"

Note: In request data manager I have deleted the _1, _2s and just kept without the instances as I need all the instances to be deleted and request may have n number of these repeating <details> section.

Ex:

<req>

<details>

<abc>..

<xyz>

</details>

<details>

<abc>..

<xyz>

</details>

<details>

<abc>..

<xyz>

</details>

<Acc>

<no>1234

<name>abcd

</Acc>

</req>

• 2.  Re: Deleting incoming attributes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 04:27 PM

Does, your incoming request have  multiple <details> elements ?   if so,  you will see "<faultstring>The LISA VSE service could not match your request to a recorded request. Consider expanding your service image.</faultstring>" when you test against the model. 

One thing you can do is add a JS step in your VSM that will look at the incoming request,  and remove any extra <detail> elements.  Save that modified request  as lisa.vse.request.   The VSI should be modified  to match the request. 

• 3.  Re: Deleting incoming attributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 15, 2016 06:06 PM

If possible please share a screen shot of the request arguments from your VSI as well as the modified request xml which gives the <faultstring> response

• 4.  Re: Deleting incoming attributes

Posted Jan 10, 2017 11:21 AM

Instead of deleting the details elements, I would suggest to use Request Data Manager to "Keep"  the incoming attributes like account_no and account_name.

Thanks,

Vamsi