CA Service Management

• 1.  Scoreboard query based on number of hours

Posted Dec 13, 2016 01:55 PM

I am trying to create a scoreboard query to show tickets that have an SLA that will expire in the next 48 hours.

There is an existing query,

active = 1 AND attached_slas.time_to_violation < EndAtTime(\'TODO_TODAY\')

for tickets that will expire today that I would like to customize for my 48 hour timeframe.

I am having trouble figuring out the format to define the time. I have tried things like

EndAtTime(\'NEXT_48_HOURS\') and EndAtTime(\'NEXT_48hours\'), based on other queries I've seen but have not had success.

Thanks for any assistance!

Victor

• 2.  Re: Scoreboard query based on number of hours

Posted Dec 13, 2016 03:24 PM

Hi Victor - did you create a timespan that you are referencing for this?  The system wont know "NEXT_48_HOURS" as that is not a known attribute variable.   

There may be some information here that may help you:  Scoreboard Queries - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let us know,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Scoreboard query based on number of hours

Posted Dec 13, 2016 03:34 PM

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did start with the document that you referenced.  It has some information on time-based queries and indicates that you can use 'hours' but does not give examples of how to do so.  I tried to make changes to the existing query but can't find the info on how to make this work.

If I have to create a 'timespan', is there a document that gives a little more detail, perhaps with some examples?

Thanks,

Victor

• 4.  Re: Scoreboard query based on number of hours

Posted Dec 13, 2016 03:43 PM

Hi Victor - I dont have any myself off hand, but there may be some other folks that do....

Can anyone help Victor out here with some examples of scoreboard queries using time-spans?

• 5.  Re: Scoreboard query based on number of hours

Posted Dec 13, 2016 05:56 PM

Here is what the Time Span should look like:

• 6.  Re: Scoreboard query based on number of hours
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 14, 2016 01:24 PM

I believe I now have this working as intended.

This was a little strange to me to begin with because, even though I have worked with SDM for some time, I have never had to do anything with 'timespans'.  When I read the document about creating queries based on time spam, I read that as a general English statement, not a specific SDM attribute.

Once that was cleared up (thank-you Jon and LIndsay!) and I created the timespan, I added it to my query but it still didn't work. 

After some more research, I saw that I had to have TTV_enabled installed, which was not.  I installed it but the query still didn't work.

Finally, I found another document that stated that TTV_enabled won't work if classic_sla is installed, which it was.  I uninstalled it and now the query works.

Now, I just have to get the OK from my management to uninstall classic_sla in our production environment.

Thanks for the help!!!

Victor