DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  IBM_SVC not working after upgrade on V7000

Posted Dec 14, 2016 05:25 AM

Hi,

Does anyone get the same issue after upgrading version on V7000?
    We went from 7.4.0.1 to 7.7.1.3. And now the probe can't find the cluster:

"Unable to find the cluster to assign IOstats"

• 2.  Re: IBM_SVC not working after upgrade on V7000

Posted Dec 15, 2016 04:37 AM

Hi rith

Please make sure the port 5989 is specified for a secure connection to the storage system:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/ibm_svc-ibm-svc-monitoring/ibm_svc-im-configuration 

SSL port is: 5989 as the port number for a secure connection to the storage system.
    Port: specifies the port number that the probe uses to connect to the storage system.
    Default: 5988

Note: Specify 5989 as the port number for a secure connection to the storage system.

Also, the latest version of the probe contains a fix for an issue on firmware 7.4 and 7.5. Not sure if 7.7 is supported/compatible:

ibm_svc 

Feel free to open a support ticket so we can dig deeper into this.

Thanks and regards.

iulian

• 3.  Re: IBM_SVC not working after upgrade on V7000

Posted Dec 22, 2016 08:35 AM

I think 5989 (SSL) is the only working port from version 7.4 and above. And that information should be in the documentation, which it wasn't the last time I checked.

I've had the latest version installed all the time (1.07). It stopped working after upgrade to 7.7.x.

It's not possible to use this probe if it will take alot of time until a new release is out.

Which versions is compatible and supported now? V.7.5.x?

V7.6 came out 2015-11-26

V7.7 came out 2016-08-23

V7.8 came out 2016-12-07

I (and our customers) won't  find it acceptable if the latest version is only compatible and supported up to V7.5. Especially when the price for this probe can be quite much if the license is based on storage size (Terabytes).

V7.6 came out over a year ago, and our next client will upgrade to V7.8 in a couple of weeks.

I will open a ticket for this. Fingers crossed, V7.7/8 is compatible.

• 4.  Re: IBM_SVC not working after upgrade on V7000

Posted Dec 22, 2016 09:30 AM

Hello rith

Thanks for opening the case. By fortune it got assigned to me so I will continue to investigate further and let you know the result as soon as I can.

Regards.

iulian

• 5.  Re: IBM_SVC not working after upgrade on V7000

Posted Dec 22, 2016 09:56 AM

Great!! Hope we can solve this issue!

• 6.  Re: IBM_SVC not working after upgrade on V7000

Posted Dec 23, 2016 04:18 AM

As this thread is now being investigated as a support case under issue 00634970 I will mark this as an answered question - we will post details on solution once investigations are completed

• 7.  Re: IBM_SVC not working after upgrade on V7000
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 29, 2016 07:57 AM

Just to close the circle on this, after investigating in the support ticket, the following troubleshooting seems to have resolved the issue, as the customer rith confirmed:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/ibm_svc-ibm-svc-monitoring/ibm_svc-troubleshooting