CA Service Management

• 1.  Remove catalog link from mail template

Posted Dec 15, 2016 04:29 AM

Hi All,

I am using pam process to send email notification , I am using sendRequestEmail webservices. When ever the mail is sent it send link at the end. But I don't want any link in mail template. Can anyone suggest how to remove it.I want to remove below marked yellow lines.

Also I tried to use normal send email operator , but  problem I am facing is it does not show email from user name it display email address. I want to display user name if mail notification is sent from email operator from pam.

Please suggest on both scenarios  

• 2.  Re: Remove catalog link from mail template

Posted Dec 15, 2016 03:14 PM

Unfortunately there is no configuration item or supported method exposed to control the display of 'View Request<request id>' link when the request email does not include the request snapshot however I could suggest the following customization:

1) Copy ..\Service Catalog\view\webapps\usm\explorer\request\requestemailprofile.xsl to:

..\Service Catalog\filestore\custom\explorer\request

2) Comment out line 325 as follows:

<!-- <a href="{concat($uri, 'wpf?Node=icguinode.requestprofile&amp;Args=', /xmlRoot/COLLECTION/usm_request/request_id/LITERAL)}"><xsl:value-of select="$xslcontent/view_request"/> <xsl:value-of select="/xmlRoot/COLLECTION/usm_request/request_id/LITERAL"/></a> -->

3) Save your changes
    4) Stop Catalog service
    5) Delete the contents of ..\Service Catalog\view\translets
    6) Start Catalog service

Please note that you will need to own/maintain the customization should the base requestemailprofile.xsl file be updated via a patch or upgrade.