IDMS

• 1.  CLEAUP Utility

Posted Dec 14, 2016 04:22 PM

I was thinking of running CLEANUP utility to clean any logically deleted records. The syntax asking for the segment name, Subschema and Area, I was able to caputre all areas defined in using DCMT D AREA, Is there a DCMT or similar command I can use in batch the spits out all Areas, Segments and Schemas/Subschema.  Thanks

• 2.  Re: CLEAUP Utility
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 14, 2016 05:21 PM

Nagarjuna,

Your question is confusing the way you have written it, but I think I know what you want to do.

If I have followed the essence of what you are asking, you are wanting to automate the process of generating CLEANUP commands to be executed in batch for all of the areas in a particular CV. Correct?

Okay, first of, let’s make this rather simple.

If you don’t already have a global subschema, create one. This subschema would have all of the areas, records and sets defined to it that are in your schema.

Unless you have a compelling reason, do not use this subschema for your application programs. Only use it for your DBA functions that need a subschema.

If you have more than one schema that describes the data in your CVs, you will need a global subschema for each of your schemas.

Now, when you display the areas using DCMT, the area names are displayed with the segment and area.

You now have everything you need to generate your CLEANUP commands.

All you need to do is generate a  CLEANUP command using the global subschema and then, for each of the areas in the DCMT output, split the area name into SEGMENT and AREA.

Then, write to a file the CLEANUP command:

CLEANUP SEGMENT segment USING globalssc AREA area-name1, area-name2, area-name3, …;

For simplicity in the generating process, I’d just generate a single area in each command:

CLEANUP SEGMENT segment USING globalssc AREA area-name ;

In the above two sample commands, “segment” and “area-name” come from your scraped DCMT output and the “globalssc’ is, more or less, a constant.

I will leave it to you to figure out how to do it if you have more than 1 global subschema for your database areas.

Good Luck,

Chuck

Charles (Chuck) Hardee<mailto:Chuck.Hardee@ThermoFisher.com>

Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration

EAS Information Technology<mailto:DBA%20Engineering%20-%20DB2_IDMS>

Thermo Fisher Scientific

300 Industry Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15275

Phone +1 (724) 517-2633 | Mobile +1 (412) 877-2809 | FAX: +1 (412) 490-9230

Chuck.Hardee@ThermoFisher.com<mailto:Chuck.Hardee@ThermoFisher.com>  | www.thermofisher.com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete all copies.