CA Project & Portfolio Manager
December 15, 2016
To: CA Project & Portfolio Manager (PPM) Customers
From: The CA Technologies PPM Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA PPM 14.3
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms available at CA Support Online please consider this email your written notification that we are discontinuing technical support for CA PPM 14.3, all patch levels, all languages, effective December 31, 2017. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources and add value to the next release of CA PPM. After December 31, 2017, CA Technologies will continue to make self-service support available until the end of your current maintenance term.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA PPM 15.1 as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the features and enhancements this release has to offer. For information on CA PPM, please visit the CA PPM pages at CA Support Online.
As CA Technologies would like to make your upgrade to CA PPM 15.1 as straightforward as possible, we are offering the following:
· The latest supported Version/Release of CA PPM, at no charge, as long as you have an active maintenance contract for CA PPM. Documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade to the new Version/Release can be viewed on the CA PPM pages at CA Support Online.
· Accelerated time-to-value when you engage CA Services to assist you with any or all parts of your upgrade. CA Support complements our services team by providing upgrade support services to help ensure your success. Upgrade support services provides 24x7 access to CA Support and direct access during business hours to a designated support resource who will provide support on the End of Service version from upgrade start to finish, and for 30 days after your upgrade is complete. Additional information can be found in Seven Strategies for Successful Upgrade and Upgrade Services available on www.ca.com/services. Please contact your CA account representative to receive a quote for such services.
· Upgrade assistance from qualified local CA partners. For more information and a list of partners in your area, please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office.
· CA Extended Support, a CA Technologies support offering, extends support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached End of Service. CA Extended Support may be available to On-Premise customers for a limited time after the End of Service date. Please note however, that in most cases CA upgrade services will provide a more cost effective and valued approach than CA Extended Support alone. Please visit the website at CA Support Online for more information.
· Please be aware of the End of Life Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) for CA PPM, which limits CA Technologies’ ability to address CABI-related CA PPM issues as of December 31, 2015. CA PPM 15.1 includes Advanced Reporting powered by Jaspersoft.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA PPM Technical Support at CA Support Online. Our Technical Support Lifecycle Policy is also available at this site.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.