CA Service Management

• 1.  Possible to set Requested For user from form?

Posted Dec 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Need to set the Requested For user using input from a form (select via data object) during pre-submit and am having no luck...anyone else get this to work?

(Business not using shopping cart, and does not want General Information exposed in requests)

Thanks... 

• 2.  Re: Possible to set Requested For user from form?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 16, 2016 04:19 PM

Hello shomer,

If you cannot use the Requested For field in the General Information form, you will need to handle this at the beginning of the first PAM workflow that is initiated for the request. After extracting the Requested For user field value from the form, the workflow can call the saveRequestHeader web service method to update the Requested For user of the request.

Best Regards,

John

If this reply has correctly answered your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button so others can benefit from this information.

• 3.  Re: Possible to set Requested For user from form?

Posted Jan 04, 2017 08:13 PM

Thanks John, we're still working on a Request integration w/ PAM (new implementation) sounds like we'll have to include this when we get that working.

• 4.  Re: Possible to set Requested For user from form?

Posted Jan 05, 2017 08:37 AM

As per John said, you need to extract the value of the form via a webmethod.

You may use the getFormRateItemValues method.

You can then set the "requested for" with the saveRequestHeader method, which you should supply the parameter requestData, formatted as follow :

If you want to set a custom name for the request : "request_id:12345!req_for_user_id:abcd12345!name:customNameIfApplicable"

or

If not : "request_id:12345!req_for_user_id:abcd12345"

Hope this helps.

• 5.  Re: Possible to set Requested For user from form?

Posted Jan 19, 2017 12:36 PM

Hi pier-olivier.tremblay and JohnCLogan,

I'm working with shomer to implement this in PAM.  I'm not sure what to pass into the dynamic parameters for the saveRequestHeader soap call.  I've captured the requested for user from a field on the form and am trying to pass it back to the request.

Can you advise what needs to be passed in requestData__, requestValuesData, and requestValuesDataType?

Thank you!

• 6.  Re: Possible to set Requested For user from form?

Posted Jan 19, 2017 01:41 PM

As per the Doc :

sessionIDSecurity handle for calling web services.[mandatory parameter]
    requestDataList of system name:value pairs from this list: request_id, name, req_by_user_id, req_for_account_id, req_for_user_id, priority, desired_date, comments. For adding a new request request_id must not be specified alongside the following mandatory fields: name, req_by_user_id and req_for_account_id/req_for_user_id. When editing an existing request only request_id is mandatory. Fields that need to be updated should be included as name:value pairs. Example: request_id:10001!name:t r 19!desired_date:6/24/2005!priority :5!req_by_user_id:spadmin!req_for_account_id:10001!comments:my comment
    requestValuesDataList of extended name:value pairs from this list: ship_to_address1, ship_to_address2, ship_to_city, ship_to_state, ship_to_country, ship_to_postal, gl_code, cost_center, authorization_number, project. All extended fields should be passed as name:value pairs using this parameter. This is not a mandatory parameter and can be left empty. Example: ship_to_city:Islandia!ship_to_state:NY!ship_to_postal:11749
    requestValuesDataTypeData type mapping to the list of name:value pairs for parameter requestValuesData. If left empty, all associated data is stored in the database as string values. This is not a mandatory parameter and can be left empty.

So if you only want to set the requested_for, you only need to provide the "requestData" parameter.

As i said :  "request_id:12345!req_for_user_id:abcd12345" should be enough.

request_id : The ID of your request

req_for_user_id : User ID of the user you want to set as the requested for.

It should looks like this :

<saveRequestHeader xmlns="urn:usmRequestService">
    <sessionID>*********************************************</sessionID>
    <requestData>request_id:12345!req_for_user_id:abcd12345</requestData>
    <requestValuesData></requestValuesData>
    <requestValuesDataType></requestValuesDataType>
    </saveRequestHeader>

• 7.  Re: Possible to set Requested For user from form?

Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:33 PM

Thank you!  I got it working.

• 8.  Re: Possible to set Requested For user from form?

Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:35 PM

My pleasure