DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Dashboards for Server Disk Space

Posted Dec 18, 2016 08:25 AM

Hi All,

I need to build a dashboard for server disk space usage for top 30 servers.As the default dashboard only has has top 10 .Kindly share the steps to build the custom dashboards,since i am new to customize dashboards.

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Dashboards for Server Disk Space

Posted Dec 18, 2016 07:02 PM

If you are referring to the server dashboard in unified dashboards, you can try increasing the Row Limit by opening that report in the List Designer and save it .If Top 30 is your requirement set the Row limit to 30 and see if this helps

• 3.  Re: Dashboards for Server Disk Space

Posted Dec 19, 2016 09:56 AM

Can i have the steps to create new dashboard for getting disk metrics alone. Is there is any step by step document or any videos?

• 4.  Re: Dashboards for Server Disk Space
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 19, 2016 06:07 PM

Issac08 If its the List Designer you are referring to , not sure there are any Edu videos available on that already and below is the documentation from docops

The List Designer - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Documentation has few instructions but does not really cover step by step

If your intention is to create a new List designer dashboard for disk metrics alone simplest way would be to start from the existing dashboard rather then starting from scratch 

-Click on the "Unified Dashboards" page

- Manage -->Page

- Create a child page

- Come back to Unified Dahboards and select the page you just created -- Add -->Portlet-->Expand Monitoring and add List Viewer -->Refresh page

-Click on the folder icon and browse through and select the List view which you want to display and click open .

- This will display the Server Disk dashboard you wanted to see

Before to this, make sure you modify the Server Disk Usage List view the way you want it to be from List Designer and save it with a different name .

To display top 30 select the disk column and update Row Limit field to 30

Hope this helps 

• 5.  Re: Dashboards for Server Disk Space

Posted Dec 20, 2016 01:52 AM

• 6.  Re: Dashboards for Server Disk Space

Posted Dec 20, 2016 08:53 AM

Have edited the preferences and increased my height of the list ,which helped me to get TOP N affected devices.