Clarity

• 1.  Clarity Purging Activity

Posted Dec 19, 2016 09:02 AM

Hi There,

Back again with another question..

Is there any way to purge data for Clarity version 7.5.3. We really need to perform some purging activity in the tables.

Thank you.

Aradhana

• 2.  Re: Clarity Purging Activity

Posted Dec 19, 2016 09:31 AM

Hi

Could you be more explicit? What exactly do you want to purge?   you should not be purging anything. 

• 3.  Re: Clarity Purging Activity

Posted Dec 23, 2016 05:09 AM

Hi,

I want to purge the old timesheets and the transactions that were generated against those timesheets.

Also want to delete old projects and forecasts data from the respective tables.

Thank you.

Aradhana

• 4.  Re: Clarity Purging Activity

Posted Dec 23, 2016 03:45 PM

The tools Clarity/CA PPM provides is marking timeperiods and project for deletion and then running the delete projects job.

As you can see the Deletion can be cancelled. However, there no way to see in the GUI which periods have been marked for deletion. You have query that from the database if you want to know. When you delete timeperiods then the timesheets will be deleted as well.

Basically the same thing with projects. However, my recollection is that you can put the delete flag in a view so you do not have to query the database. That comes handy when all the projects you have marked for deletion do not get deleted. You can then unmark the project that gives errors and try to delete the rest.

The Delete Projects job (renamed Delete Investments in later releases) will try to delete all projects marked for deletion.

You usually get errors if there are financial transactions for the projects. Therefore there is another job - Purge financial tables.

That will purge the financial transactions that prevent project deletion. However,

be careful with that. If you do not set any parameter the financial data will be purged for all the projects which is unlikely to be what you want. The project code is single select. So it will be big fun if you have tens or hundreds of project you want to delete.

Once the time sheets are posted the data is transferred to projects and the association between the projects and timesheets can be removed.

My recollection is to

delete timesperiods first

then purge financial data

and finally delete projects.

Alternatively as the association between the projects and timesheets can be removed timeperiods can be deleted as the last step.

In that sense the description of the Delete projects job may be misleading. The timesheets are only deleted when the timeperiods are marked for deletetion. It has nothing to do with the deletion of the projects.

• 5.  Re: Clarity Purging Activity

Posted Dec 24, 2016 05:21 AM

Searching the latest documentation (15.1)
    delete project
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/using/project-management/set-up-a-project/close-deactivate-delete-and-cancel-projects
    Purge Financial Tables Job
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/administration/reference/jobs-reference#JobsReference-PurgeFinancialTablesJob
    This refers to Project Management, but I could not find there anything related to purging financials
    The search on documentation did not bring any hits on delete timesheets or delete timeperiods

• 6.  Re: Clarity Purging Activity

Posted Jan 10, 2017 05:41 AM

Hi Urmas,

Thank you for your reply. Its well explained and really helpful.

I just a have small query, After I mark the time period for Deletion, which job I need to run to delete them? Is it the Delete project job only which will delete both the marked Time periods and marked Projects or there is another job for that?

Thanks,

Aradhana

• 7.  Re: Clarity Purging Activity

Posted Jan 10, 2017 05:54 AM

It is the Delete projects/investments job which will delete both. So you might consider planning the purging so that you have only projects or timeperiods marked for deletion before you run the job and after it has completed mark the other and run the job again.