Clarity

• 1.  Resource Availability Calculation in dwh

Posted Dec 19, 2016 08:24 AM

I am using the Avail_Hours column in dwh table "DWH_RES_PERIOD_FACTS" for calculating the Resource availability for a period for a report. When I compared the data with the resource availability in Clarity the value is not matching. The Load data warehouse job ran properly. Can anyone let me know how the Avail_Hours column in  DWH_RES_PERIOD_FACTS is getting populated and what calculation is using for the resource availability.

Thanks,

Justine

• 2.  Re: Resource Availability Calculation in dwh

Posted Dec 20, 2016 04:33 AM

Anyone have idea about how Avail_Hours column is populating in  DWH_RES_PERIOD_FACTS?

• 3.  Re: Resource Availability Calculation in dwh

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 30, 2016 04:52 PM

Hi Justine

What you comparing the values to, is this a specific portlet in Clarity? Please specify it as some places may not be using the same data.

The AVAIL_HOURS in DWH DWH_RES_PERIOD_FACTS will be taking data from source view in PPM DWH_X_RES_AVAIL_PER_FACTS_V. This PPM view is getting the data from the Availability Time slices.

Please ensure that your Time Slices are configured as per the requirements in DWH.

1. All DWH enabled slices should start on the same date for the period. For example, all Weekly slices should start on the same From Date, all Monthly slices as well, all Fiscal too. It's not necessary that the date is the same for Weekly, Monthly and Fiscal. For example, all my Weekly slices start on Sep-05-2016, and all my Monthly slices start on Jan-01-2016.
    2. The DWH enabled slices for the same period should be having the same amount of period. Again, it's only for the slice request of the same type. This means that you can have number of periods of 104 for all Weekly slices and for example 36 for all Monthly slices.
    3. All your Weekly slices should start on the correct day of the week (should be the same as the First Day of Work Week in Administration - Project Management - Settings)

Once you configured them, if you did any changes, please run Time slicing job to completion, then run Load Data Warehouse - Full Load and see if you see the correct values.

Hope this helps -Nika