Test Data Manager

• 1.  Test Matching

Posted Dec 19, 2016 10:06 AM

Hi All,

I have the following issue regarding test matching. I have customers with different accounts and each will have different criteria. If user selects one customer, he could probably change characteristics of other account as well. So if any one locks one account based on some criteria, I would like to lock other accounts as well.

For example, if we take table as below, if user selects product2 and product4.  I would like to block all rows except product5. Test matching only blocks selected products. How can I achieve this?

Thanks for your help.

Merry Christmas.. 

CustomerIDCustomer_NameAccountNRAccountNameCrietria1Crietria2Crietria3Crietria4Crietria5Crietria6
    1Name123Product1YNNYYY
    1Name124Product2NNYYNN
    1Name125Product3YYYNNN
    2Name2345Product2NNNNYY
    2Name2346Product3YNYYYN
    2Name2347Product4YYNNYN
    3Name3456Product5YYNYYY

• 2.  Re: Test Matching
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2016 09:33 AM

Hi Raju, 

First I would suggest adding a primary key like rec_id, which doesn’t hold any business value, but is just a unique identification of each row. Then I would suggest adding that ID as the primary key and also add customerID as the report key. By this configuration, whenever you lock any row based on account name, all the rows have the same customer ID will be blocked.

If you would like any more help with this, please reach out to your CA Account Manager and they will be able to provide a resource from pre-sales or services to help you implement this scenario. If you do not know who your CA Account Manager is, please call CA Customer Care at one of these numbers and they will be able to tell you: Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

Best regards,

Taylor