DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Re: APM Agent configuration for Informatica Data Quality

Posted Dec 17, 2016 07:55 AM

Hi All,

I am facing same issue with Informatica application.I have configured Apache tomcat agent 10.1 agent.

/tools/CAAPM_Tomcat/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/tools/ CAAPM_Tomcat/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.profile

But I did not see any logs in wily log folder.we are using same infaservice.sh to start and stop the tomcats.

Is there any more configuration to add for Apache tomcat server ?

Regards

Vinay

• 2.  Re: APM Agent configuration for Informatica Data Quality

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2016 01:35 PM

Branching this to a new question for more visibility.

Have you checked the logs directory setting in the Agent profile?  Is the Agent reporting into the Investigator?

• 3.  Re: APM Agent configuration for Informatica Data Quality

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2016 01:38 PM

Your agent JAR is loaded using ‘-javaagent:'. Is that present in your startup script?

• 4.  Re: APM Agent configuration for Informatica Data Quality

Posted Dec 20, 2016 12:44 AM

Hi Haruhiko,

We have configure only 

-javaagent:/tools/CAAPM_Tomcat/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/tools/ CAAPM_Tomcat/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.profile

In Infraserves.sh file.

I guess they are using Infraservice.sh for startup script.

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 5.  Re: APM Agent configuration for Informatica Data Quality

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 01:25 AM

I'm not very familiar with Informatica, but do you see any references to OSGi or anything else that may point to the issue? Are there application logs you've looked at which may point to the problem?

• 6.  Re: APM Agent configuration for Informatica Data Quality
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 07:36 AM

Dear Vinay:

I am going to suggest opening a case since this does not seem the sort of issue that lends itself to speedy resolution over community threads. You may post additional information if you think it will help,

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: APM Agent configuration for Informatica Data Quality

Posted Dec 20, 2016 09:01 AM

Hi All,

Now i am able to see metric actually this is informatica power center server.we have added below mention code in Infraserves.sh file where informatica application is running.

-javaagent:/tools/CAAPM_Tomcat/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/tools/ CAAPM_Tomcat/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.profile.

Thanks to all for support.

Regards

Vinay nayak