DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How merge of devices works in detail?

Posted Dec 19, 2016 05:38 PM

Hi,

sometimes I run in the problem that devices in the USM not merged e.g. Host (Robot) and Device (created e.g. by net_connect). This happens if origin from robot and from net_connect is different. Normally with special qos_processor scripts the devices are merged and only one entry visible in USM. Sometimes this fails and devices not merged.

In this cases I cleaned niscaches, NULL out ci_metric_id in S_QOS_DATA, restarted data_engine and discovery server, but after a few minutes two entries appears.

Can someone explain how the merge of devices works in detail. Which probes does what and which DB tables are involved?

Thanks a lot

• 2.  Re: How merge of devices works in detail?

Posted Dec 19, 2016 06:15 PM

• 3.  Re: How merge of devices works in detail?

Posted Dec 20, 2016 03:25 AM

Interesting document. I did not know yet. 
    But it shows exactly the problem I have. Method 6 & 7 - weak correlation. QOS data from two different origins.

In this case one robot with ORIGIN1 sends QOS data and a net_connect running on a hub with ORIGIN2 sends QOS data (:ping). First, in S_QOS_DATA the origin differs, after qos_processor script was enabled, the origins of net_connect data was "enriched" to ORIGIN1. But in USM two devices remains.