CA Service Management

• 1.  scheduled tickets

Posted Dec 20, 2016 12:49 PM

dear all,

I need some idea, again. I'm trying to create tickets in scheduled periods. For example, a ticket on the first day of each month. I'm able to schedule tickets for upcoming months with the help of cdtj at this topic; CA Service Desk date function in spell code .

Now I'm looking for a solution to trigger these scheduled tickets. How can i trigger and let the system create automatically without any API / Web Service interaction? I know the solution with an external process using CA Service Desk web sevices but I'm wondering if I can do it on Service Desk.

Regards,

Utku

• 2.  Re: scheduled tickets

Posted Dec 20, 2016 12:59 PM

Hi Utku,

There is no functionality out of the box for this, that would be an enhancement.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: scheduled tickets

Posted Dec 20, 2016 01:07 PM

Hi Jon,

I know that does not exist oob. I'm asking if it is possible some how with spl code or anything else

If not, I'm going to create a process using SD web service

• 4.  Re: scheduled tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 01:16 PM

Perhaps you can use the PDM_TEXT_CMD command line interface (CA SDM Text API Interface - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation ) and use an OS scheduler

• 5.  Re: scheduled tickets

Posted Dec 20, 2016 01:38 PM

I think, you can create custom object that will contain field SREL link to template and date field that will contain date to create ticket. You can expose this object in administration interface, then you should create trigger that on creation date update, if exist will cancel old event and attach new event with fire time of the creation date. Event can use add_request add_change_order and   add_issue spel methods to create tickets from templates.

• 6.  Re: scheduled tickets

Posted Dec 22, 2016 09:49 AM

if you don't want to use WS you can put your spl code into a .frag file under the site/mods/interp folder.

Then create a .bat/.sh file  to run the frag using bop_cmd.

Use the task scheduler  (if you using window) or a cron job to run that bat on your prefred schedule.

I think this is more simple and less consuming that trying to play with triggers and events directly into SMD

My 2 cents

/J