Service Virtualization

• 1.  Unable to Connect Workstation v8.5 to Registry

Posted Dec 21, 2016 02:12 AM

Hi,

We recently migrated to a new linux server and did a fresh install of DevTest server on the new linux server.

The Enterprise Dashboard is working and we are able to validate our Registry from there.

We are also able to use DevTest Portal, edit and deploy images to the VSE. When hit, the images on VSE are returning a response.

But, when trying to connect to the Registry from the Workstation, we are facing this error:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Timed out trying to connect to test registry tcp://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:2010/Registry
    at com.itko.lisa.test.Environment.bootUpTestRegistry(Environment.java:2552)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.Environment.setTestRegistry(Environment.java:2531)
    at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestAdmin.startRegistry(TestAdmin.java:571)
    at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestAdmin.access$000(TestAdmin.java:82)
    at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestAdmin$1.doCallback(TestAdmin.java:227)
    at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    We tried using both the server name and the IP for the registry but same error.
    Telnet to server returned this response:
    Trying 172.xx.***.***...
    Connected to ************
    Escape character is '^]'.
    ?ActiveMQ?      CacheSize
    CacheEnabledSizePrefixDisabled MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay'TcpNoDelayEnabledMaxInactivityDurationu0TightEncodingEnabledStackTraceEnabled
    Thanks in advance.
    Naman

• 2.  Re: Unable to Connect Workstation v8.5 to Registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2016 10:10 AM

Hello - 

If you are able to telnet from Workstation machine to Registry machine and back, Workstation should work.

I recommend opening a support case for this issue and it would be better to have a webex to look through the issue.

You can go to http://support.ca.com and open a support case or call 1-800-225-5224.

• 3.  Re: Unable to Connect Workstation v8.5 to Registry

Posted Dec 22, 2016 09:33 AM

Did you install the WorkStation security patches? there are two, I believe.

• 4.  Re: Unable to Connect Workstation v8.5 to Registry

Posted Dec 22, 2016 09:41 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the response. But I have no idea about the patches. Can you share more information about them? 

• 5.  Re: Unable to Connect Workstation v8.5 to Registry

Posted Dec 27, 2016 12:03 PM

There were two patches for the Windows WorkStation. Typical symptom was WS connects but authentication fails.

We have since moved to 9.1. In my notes the files are: patch_RTC-237704_8.5.0_LTD.jar and patch_RTC-237843_8.5.0_LTD.jar.

Both were placed in: ...\DevTest 8.5.0\lib\patches. I had to open a case to obtain said patches.

• 6.  Re: Unable to Connect Workstation v8.5 to Registry
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2016 12:07 PM

Jacques,

Do not apply 8.5.0 patches to a 9.1.0 install.  Once your DevTest 9.1.0 is installed, make sure you do not get the same error.  If you do then open a new support case.

• 7.  Re: Unable to Connect Workstation v8.5 to Registry

Posted Dec 27, 2016 12:13 PM

Hi Marcy

No worries. I am not.

Though it may have seemed this way.

Writing in a hurry does not make for clear expression ☺

Best regards.

Happy New Year!

-jacques.

• 8.  Re: Unable to Connect Workstation v8.5 to Registry

Posted Jan 11, 2017 05:08 PM

We are using Devtest 8.2. We are also facing issue which is almost same. Everything is working fine and then after few days, when we try to connect to registry we were getting timeout. We then restarted every component and it starts working fine again. What can be the issue?