Clarity

• 1.  Can I make an Oracle view on CA PPM On-demand environment

Posted Dec 21, 2016 09:31 AM

Hi,

I have made some quite complex financial calculations - currently accessible for users via porlets using a NSQL query. Recently users also want these calculated numbers available in JasperSoft reports.

This means that this complex calculations spread more and more and is becoming difficult to support. 

Do anybody know if I can create an Oracle view on the on-demand environment and use this view in NSQL and JasperSoft queries instead?

BR/Tonny

• 2.  Re: Can I make an Oracle view on CA PPM On-demand environment

Posted Dec 21, 2016 09:42 AM

My understanding is that you need db access and rights to do that which you normally do not have nor get.

What you can do is go through you account manger and make a detailed request and see if that get approved.

What I hear is that CA is not thrilled with things that require additional support and may not be upgradeproof.

• 3.  Re: Can I make an Oracle view on CA PPM On-demand environment
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 24, 2016 12:46 AM

Hi Tonny,

I am sorry creating any custom database objects is not allowed in SAAS solutions, 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 4.  Re: Can I make an Oracle view on CA PPM On-demand environment

Posted Dec 27, 2016 06:57 PM

CA OnDemand won't allow it in a SaaS environment. After struggling with the CA data warehouse and JasperSoft for some time, we decided to build our own data warehouse, best decision ever.

• 5.  Re: Can I make an Oracle view on CA PPM On-demand environment

Posted Jan 05, 2017 11:08 AM

You can use your complex NSQL query (the Preview version without the @FILTER@ code)  to create a Domain in Jaspersoft Advanced Reporting that will provide the kind of access you require.  This is available in On-demand environments.