Test Data Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

How to handle autoloading of csv file records into mart

• 1.  How to handle autoloading of csv file records into mart

Posted Dec 22, 2016 08:29 AM

How to handle autoloading of csv file records (updated on daily basis) in mart. Initial load  I have used the option  ‘Import from’ under sql tab.

However I need to load the csv file records which got updated on daily basis.

Please help/suggest your thoughts using tool.

Tried the option of using Javelin as well, but coudlnt succeed. Please help me with steps or documentation. Listed down the steps I have tried.

• Placed the main frame CSV extract at a certain location.
    • Created a javelin workflow to read this extract automatically every time when it is requested.
    • Whenever the javelin workflow is run, the csv extract is read.
    • Created a connection between CA Javelin and TDMMart using SQL server activity(present in CA Javelin tool box).
    • The data from the mainframe extract is read and stored in a Javelin data table .
    • Now we need to copy the data from this Javelin data table into the table present in data mart.
    • For this we need to write a query in SQL  query activity.
    • But the issue here is the javelin data table is not getting recognized in the respective SQL query.
    • Struck at this point and exploring how this issue can be resolved.

• 2.  Re: How to handle autoloading of csv file records into mart
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2016 12:32 PM

Hi Suhail,

With the latest GA version of TDM, 4.0, which was released last week, you use CA TDM Portal to manage and execute your Javelin workflows. You can read more about it here: Using Javelin Programs in CA TDM Portal - CA Test Data Manager - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If this does not help, please open a support case at https://support.ca.com and we'll assist you further. Doing so will help us get more specific details about the scenario and the issue you are facing (CSV file format, how you are accomplishing each step that you mentioned, and so on). 

You may also open a support case by calling CA Customer Care at the phone numbers listed (by region) here: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html

Thanks,

Sameer