CA Service Management

• 1.  Stop users from creating new ticket

Posted Dec 22, 2016 04:54 AM

Hi,

i want to prevent users from creating new incident/request in tool, where they can update existing tickets

i tried with data partition creation and assigned to user

data partiton type: create

table name: call_req

constraint id=0

But it doesn't worked,, please help me to achieve this. version : 14.1 CUM 2 AA setup

• 2.  Re: Stop users from creating new ticket

Posted Dec 22, 2016 04:57 AM

users with any kind of roles should be restricted to create new I/R where they can update only existing tickets.

• 3.  Re: Stop users from creating new ticket

Posted Dec 22, 2016 05:33 AM

data partiton type: create

table name: call_req

constraint: id=1

Note that  if you want to do for everybody, you will need to attach this data partition to all the roles and make sure that the "Override Contact Data Partition" flag is set to Yes on all those roles

Hope this help.

/J

• 4.  Re: Stop users from creating new ticket

Posted Dec 22, 2016 08:30 AM

Hi,

Thanks for help :-) I have already one data partition list with Create type in call_req with different constraint assigned to a data partition which is mapped with L1 analyst role. Even if i try to create to new condition in that partition, it is saying that " duplicate record as it already exists". please advise.

• 5.  Re: Stop users from creating new ticket

Posted Dec 22, 2016 09:05 AM

You can only have one constrains defined by table/type.

Show us your current here and we will see how we can adapt it

/J

• 6.  Re: Stop users from creating new ticket

Posted Dec 22, 2016 09:31 AM

I have created a new data partition and assigned to user. i have turned off the data partition override flag to "NO" for Leve1 analyst role and it is working fine now. I have tested in my QC environment and works fine.