Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  LDAP update in progress, please try again later.

Posted Dec 27, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi Friends,I'm trying to explore the options in CA PAM and I can see a message "LDAP Operation in progress" on the dashboard.

This message is not allowing me to import the LDAP Groups to CA PAM.Here are the steps I followed,

Went to Users->Manage Groups to Import LDAP Groups,I'm getting below error

"Error:9007 = LDAP update in progress, please try again later"

Am I missing something here

• 2.  Re: LDAP update in progress, please try again later.

Posted Dec 27, 2016 09:12 AM

I remember I saw that when the virtual appliance was turned off then I started it and logged as soon as I could.

Another thing is: this should happen periodically, according to what you configured.

Did you wait to try again? Did the message dissapeared?

• 3.  Re: LDAP update in progress, please try again later.

Posted Dec 27, 2016 10:33 AM

Virtual Appliance is turned on and I dont see this message getting disappeared,its been there since I started using this appliance (ie more than 3 weeks).I dont understand what LDAP operation might be going in the backend.I refereed CA documents but i dont see any reference for the reason.

• 4.  Re: LDAP update in progress, please try again later.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 28, 2016 12:56 PM

Yes, this message usually points out to a LDAP synchronization that's running in background; and as you could see, no other LDAP-import/synch operation is allowed in the meantime. If you're getting this message very often, take a look at the synch interval, at "Config > 3rd Party" LDAP settings... by default it happens once a day (interval = 1440 seconds), and might take a while depending on your mapped LDAP containers.

Another possibility is that by some reason a past LDAP operation is stuck; try restarting the server and inspecting the diagnostic logs.

HTH.

• 5.  Re: LDAP update in progress, please try again later.

Posted Jan 03, 2017 07:22 AM

I have set the Update minutes interval to 1440 minutes,still the LDAP message is not disappearing.i just want to know the option of restarting the appliance remotely,as I don't have access to the machine physically.

• 6.  Re: LDAP update in progress, please try again later.

Posted Jan 03, 2017 07:42 AM

"Config > Power" ?

• 7.  Re: LDAP update in progress, please try again later.

Posted Jan 03, 2017 08:25 AM

Thanks Ellery,LDAP message got cleared after restart