Clarity

• 1.  Export to Excel (data only)  does not work ! Why?

Posted Dec 28, 2016 03:02 AM

Export to Excel (data only)  does not work ! !

I have use this option several years monthly and exported  1000-1800 rows with lot of data for differenrent custom made portlets and  Export to Excel (data only) has been working slow, but ok. All data is exported to excel. Now this is not working any more Excel keep processing, processing.. and finally gives error message Data has been corrupted.

This is very important function for end users. This should be fixed asap.

I notice there are several proposal posted in this forum earlier with good proposals how export to excel functions should be improve in Clarity PPM. Why those development ideas has not been taken into account ?

• 2.  Re: Export to Excel (data only)  does not work ! Why?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2016 04:00 AM

Hi Minna,

Can you please help me understand by saying if doesn;t work. What is the error you are getting. If you are trying to export huge amount of data then Portlet is not a solution.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Export to Excel (data only)  does not work ! Why?

Posted Dec 28, 2016 06:09 AM

error message Data has been corrupted

Toimiiko se mistään portletista tai OOTB näkymästä? Virheilmoitus viittaa ongelmaan tietyn portletin datassa.

Tuleeko vastaavia virheitä jossain muualla.

CGUC Test Environment sandboxista (Version/Build 14.4.0.234) 255 projektin luettelo lähtee ongelmitta.

• 4.  Re: Export to Excel (data only)  does not work ! Why?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2016 01:40 PM

Hi Minna,

Is this the exact error message you are having:

Or is it different? If you click on Yes, does it still open?

When you have this error message, are you even able to get to save the file? If yes, please let me know and I'll tell you where to send it to.

Ensure your Excel version is compatible with your CA PPM version - you didn't mention what versions you're using.

Thanks -NIka

• 5.  Re: Export to Excel (data only)  does not work ! Why?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 29, 2016 04:12 AM

The issue has been resolved, root cause was a couple of invalid dates (years 0001 and 0025) which somehow have slipped into the system.