CA Service Management

• 1.  user login failed

Posted Dec 28, 2016 05:19 AM

Few days ago RootDC server name has  been changed but ip address remain unchanged.

When user 'mridul' want to login in helpdesk then a message appeared which is given below:

Error---> AHD04010:Login failed for userid(mridul)

Few Info:
    CA Service Desk Manager
    Release: r12.6
    Version: 'SDr12_6-165'

Any Solution???

Contact- Mridul Kanti Das

Mobile-+8801715543754

Time: 11:00AM to 12:30PM (GMT+6)

• 2.  Re: user login failed

Posted Dec 28, 2016 12:22 PM

Is this happening for only one user?

• 3.  Re: user login failed

Posted Jan 09, 2017 03:45 AM

Dear ,

Actually I am very new in this system. Our original sdm admin is left this company.

So far I know we are using OS Authentication. I dont have any idea about whether we have EEM or not.

Scenario

Earlier user authentication was done by our Active Directory. Suddenly we found user changing their password in AD are not syncing with SDM. Actually user are not able to log in sdm with changed password but they can login with their earlier password. But when password expires then neither they can log in with older nor new  password.

Then I run pdm_ldap_sync command to sync password of sdm with AD. But unfortunately password did not sync rather most of the users become "inactive". And problem become more severe.

Then I searched some documents and followed . In attached picture (ldap.jpeg) red circled rows were not installed. I installed those and set values. Then I run pdm_ldap_test and it successfully ran . It shows all objects (including contacts)  from AD. Be noted before installing those option pdm_ldap_test command was not running.

In attached picture (ldap_auth.jpeg) I chose "open-always allow access" option. After selecting that option everybody (only active user) can login without password. But my problem remain unsolved.

Please suggest what to do? I contacted with CA support and they said support for Release: r12.6 and Version: 'SDr12_6-165'    is end. All doc also archived. But in this moment I can not upgrade now. 

Please help.

Thanks

Durjoy

• 4.  Re: user login failed

Posted Jan 09, 2017 03:36 PM

Hi Durjoy,

Please be aware that the ldap configuration and the ldap_sync have nothing to do with authentication. The ldap integration is for keeping your contact information synchronized with an ldap source (like Active Directory) but password is not one of the things that are handled.

From what I see in your second screen shot you do not have Service Desk configured with EEM to control authentication, so it looks like you are using native Windows authentication. It is important then that the Service Desk server(s) is part of the AD Domain and that your users logging in are also in that Domain (or a trusted one).

If you would like to discuss further, please send me an email (Lindsay@iteduconsultants.com) with a number and a time that would best work for you.

Cheers,

Lindsay

• 5.  Re: user login failed

Posted Jan 12, 2017 11:48 AM

Dear Lindsay,

Thanks for your keen cooperation. Your expertise made it possible to hit right point in very short time to overcome problem. I took many support from CA support but never get solution in one meeting. You are experience and expertise make you "The Best". Hope we can work together in future.

As per discussion please send command or query to active all inactive user at one shot.

Thank you again for your help.

Thanks

Durjoy  

• 6.  Re: user login failed

Posted Jan 07, 2017 10:54 AM

Please also let us know if you are using EEM pointing to an LDAP store for authentication or if you are using OS Authentication?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 7.  Re: user login failed

Posted Jan 09, 2017 03:44 AM

Dear ,

Actually I am very new in this system. Our original sdm admin is left this company.

So far I know we are using OS Authentication. I dont have any idea about whether we have EEM or not.

Scenario

Earlier user authentication was done by our Active Directory. Suddenly we found user changing their password in AD are not syncing with SDM. Actually user are not able to log in sdm with changed password but they can login with their earlier password. But when password expires then neither they can log in with older nor new  password.

Then I run pdm_ldap_sync command to sync password of sdm with AD. But unfortunately password did not sync rather most of the users become "inactive". And problem become more severe.

Then I searched some documents and followed . In attached picture (ldap.jpeg) red circled rows were not installed. I installed those and set values. Then I run pdm_ldap_test and it successfully ran . It shows all objects (including contacts)  from AD. Be noted before installing those option pdm_ldap_test command was not running.

In attached picture (ldap_auth.jpeg) I chose "open-always allow access" option. After selecting that option everybody (only active user) can login without password. But my problem remain unsolved.

Please suggest what to do? I contacted with CA support and they said support for Release: r12.6 and Version: 'SDr12_6-165'    is end. All doc also archived. But in this moment I can not upgrade now. 

Please help.

Thanks

Durjoy

• 8.  Re: user login failed

Posted Jan 09, 2017 12:11 AM

Dear ,

Scenario

Please help.

Thanks

Durjoy

ldap.imgldap_auth.jpeg