Rally Software

• 1.  What are people using for a requirements management system with CA Agile Central?

Posted Dec 28, 2016 09:40 AM

Wondering what people are using for a requirements management system that integrates well with CA Agile Central?  We currently use network folders and Rally will not link to documents so we either attach documents to the work item or have to provide the network drive location.  Looking for a more seamless system that works well with Rally and hoping someone "loves" their solution.

• 2.  Re: What are people using for a requirements management system with CA Agile Central?

Posted Dec 29, 2016 07:34 AM

I suggested to other customers with this request that they create a custom rich text field, maybe labeled "Requirements" or "Associated Documents". You can then create live, clickable links to your documents. Does that help?

• 3.  Re: What are people using for a requirements management system with CA Agile Central?

Posted Dec 29, 2016 08:51 AM

Can I link to a network drive? We cannot in the existing rich text field.  I can link to a web page but not a network drive, at least I have not found a way to.

• 4.  Re: What are people using for a requirements management system with CA Agile Central?

Posted Dec 29, 2016 10:26 AM

What OS are you on? It's been awhile since I worked on Windows, but I thought it did let you link to files on drives. I found this article on stackoverflow that looks like what I was thinking of. If you keep the doc in a repository management system like SharePoint or Confluence then it definitely works.

• 5.  Re: What are people using for a requirements management system with CA Agile Central?

Posted Dec 29, 2016 11:01 AM

I am using Windows 8 with a Rally on-prem solution.

I try to use the following URL: Link in the description field of a user story.   I can get the link to open in a browser but I get a file not found error.

• 6.  Re: What are people using for a requirements management system with CA Agile Central?

Posted Dec 29, 2016 11:44 AM

Hi Rob, so sorry but I'm not a Windows OS expert and haven't worked with the platform in almost 7 years. Maybe someone else in the community has some ideas for debugging, or you could try asking for help in the stackoverflow thread?