Clarity

• 1.  Why might I not be able to reset an attribute default

Posted Dec 29, 2016 04:18 AM

In CA PPM 13.3 there is a custom object with a number of attributes.

One of them is a 2000 character text field with a default value.

When I enter new value and hit save the current value is returned.

Why might that be?

I do not have access to the logs nor cannot set the trace on so get more info.

There is no apparent process which could do that.

That is using Chrome 55.

Also noticed that the default is not stored in the database for the field.

Only the partition default is displayed for db fields, no other defaults are displayed.

Where are the user set attribute defaults stored?

• 2.  Re: Why might I not be able to reset an attribute default

Posted Dec 29, 2016 06:41 AM

No problem setting a default in another system (more vanilla like)

• 3.  Re: Why might I not be able to reset an attribute default
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2016 06:55 AM

Hi @urmas,

Can you please check if there is any related entry in the ODF_DEFAULT_OVERRIDES table? You can check by doing:

select * from odf_default_overrides where object_code = 'aaa' and attribute_code = 'bbb'

Replace aaa by the Object External ID (e.g.: idea) and bbb by Attribute External ID (e.g.: name). You should only see one entry.

If an entry is there, after taking appropriate measures (including but not limited to do this in a non-PROD environment first, backup...):

* Stop services

* Delete that row

* Start services

Best regards

• 4.  Re: Why might I not be able to reset an attribute default

Posted Dec 29, 2016 07:16 AM

Thanks. There certainly is an entry in the table for the very attribute and value (among others for that object)

That is nonprod, but I have to wait till the admin comes back from year end days off.

So that is the cause and that was the questions. So this is answered though not solved yet.

• 5.  Re: Why might I not be able to reset an attribute default

Posted Dec 30, 2016 10:48 AM

This MAY be related to the same issue I reported earlier this year?  I'm told it's fixed in the NEXT release (Spring 2017)

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1076808.html 

• 6.  Re: Why might I not be able to reset an attribute default

Posted Dec 30, 2016 01:04 PM

Thanks, sounds similar. Sorry to hear direct db action and even more so delete a record is the cure.

Most of the the attributes of the object in question have a record in that table. :-(

• 7.  Re: Why might I not be able to reset an attribute default

Posted Jan 01, 2017 03:16 AM

Reproduced it in 13.3: XOGed out and back in a custom object with a default se3t for an attribute. After XOGing in a new record in ODF_DEFAULT_OVERRIDES table and could not set a different default.