AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Jobs in READIED state

Posted Dec 30, 2016 09:53 AM

Hi Everyone,

When i execute any application the first job gets "readied" state. I checked out logs files in my CAWA server and does not exists any info about this.

Anyone knows why could be happening this in my environment?. I am working with CAWA DE 11.3.3.

Thanks for your help.

Isaac

• 2.  Re: Jobs in READIED state
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 30, 2016 01:02 PM

Hi Isaac,

Are you saying that the first job remains in 'Readied' state and not executing? Is there any condition set in application properties? Is any previous generation of the application active? I would expect to see information relating to the job and application generation built in the server log. If the job is stuck in Ready state, take a look at the agent logs and if any issue creating the spool file. If further investigation is needed, please feel free to open a support case.

Regards,

Segun

• 3.  Re: Jobs in READIED state

Posted Jan 03, 2017 12:47 PM

Hi Segun,

Thanks a lot for your response. This problem was occurring to all my applications which i runned, their first jobs always were stacked in READIED state, it was very rare.

I solved this out restarting de CAWA server service, the cause of the problem still is a mistery.

Thanks,

Isaac

• 4.  Re: Jobs in READIED state

Posted Apr 18, 2017 12:51 PM

HI.

This state READIED always occurs before the state READY and this one before EXEC.
    These states are normal before starting EXEC state. This is the normal behavior.of the CAWA DSeries Servers.
    We rarely see these two states READIED and READY, special the fisrt one.

And when we see these states (special the READIED), when we have some issues on the DSeries, or on the agents (...space, slowness) or network problems.

Best Regards,

José Henriques

• 5.  Re: Jobs in READIED state

Posted Apr 18, 2017 12:54 PM

Where is " when we have some issues on the DSeries", please, read " THEN we have some issues on the DSeries"  :-)

• 6.  Re: Jobs in READIED state

Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:58 PM

what kind of issue probably is ocurring in Dseries? because in my case it seems that the agent is correctly working.,

cheers

ruber

• 7.  Re: Jobs in READIED state

Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:51 PM

Hello guys

I have the same problem  but not all the jobs are in this state and it seems is causing that the Workload Server is starting to have perfomance problems.

Does any one have another solution instead the restart the Workload Server service?

The Workload Server is installed in WIndows Server and Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise is where is defined the Workload Database.

Regards

Ruber Monterrubio

• 8.  Re: Jobs in READIED state

Posted Nov 29, 2018 09:48 PM

Hi Ruber, I can speak to why this occurs in our shop. We are using DE and primarily have Windows and Unix agents. With Windows job types 99% of the time when a job is sitting in READY state for more than the normal couple seconds, the issue in our shop is that the ID the job is using does not have the correct password defined within the agent via the topology. We have problems time to time where our customers update the password in Active Directory but do not have the password updated in the topology so there is a mismatch which causes the ID to fail to login to the server when the job runs (you can see this in the security log within Event Viewer of the server the agent sits on). With the exception of a few of our Windows agents, the ID will attempt to login every minute up to 30 minutes (job will still be in READY state at this time). After 30 mins the job goes to SUBERROR state. I have seen once or twice the drive that contained the location where the spool files are being written, was full which causes jobs to stay in READY state.

For Unix job types we see a lot more issues related to the filesystem containing the spool location, being full and causing jobs to not be able to run. We also have seen the filesystem where the agent resides does not have any INODES available which causes the same thing.

For jobs stuck in READIED, as noted above it does not happen as much and when we do see that it seems to be a system wide issue affecting all agents (essentially an issue with the server that houses the DE manager). We had this issue occur a lot on our TEST environment. I recently increased the size of the HEAP and STACK size for the manager and have not seen that issue yet (been over a month now). I am thinking but not sure, that it was related to not enough memory being allocated to Java.

Hope this helps some.