CA Service Management

• 1.  How do I put the time_spent field to be mandatory only in a certain status?

Posted Jan 02, 2017 07:20 AM

Hi folks, 

I need the analysts to fill the time_spent field when a certain status transition occurs (eg when the ticket goes to the resolved status).

I tried to create a condition for this, creating the attribute "alg.time_spent" on the object request/incident/problem and then I associated a rule for him. But, this didnt work.

Any ideia how i can do it?

Thanks very much, 

Rafael

• 2.  Re:  How do I put the time_spent field to be mandatory only in a certain status?

Posted Jan 02, 2017 09:03 PM

If you want a conditional check like this, you're probably going to need Spell Triggers.

Check here for main SPL page: 

Where can I find Spel functions documentation? 

SPL code is a bit tricky to come to grips with and is an out-of-scope customisation for CA Support.

Someone else may be able to give advice on a code snippet. 

(It's probably something like a POST trigger on the Novo status field.)

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re:  How do I put the time_spent field to be mandatory only in a certain status?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 03, 2017 01:40 AM

An alternative to a SPEL trigger could be a presave trigger on the form.

Here's an example from detail_cr.htmpl (requests) which I have written:

// Function checks that Closure Code is given while resolving (Status => "RE")
    function preSaveTrigger()
    {
      if (document.forms['main_form'].elements['SET.status'].value == "RE")
      {
        if (document.forms['main_form'].elements['SET.resolution_code'].value == "")
        {
          alert(msgtext("Closure Code is mandatory while resolving"));
          // Focus set to Closure Code field
          document.forms['main_form'].elements['SET.resolution_code'].focus();
          return false;
        }
      }
      return true;

Best regards

Kimmo

• 4.  Re:  How do I put the time_spent field to be mandatory only in a certain status?

Posted Jan 11, 2017 06:29 AM

Hi kimmo.andersson 

Thanks for you support. Its work perfeclty!! Congratulations!!!

Regards, 

Rafael

• 5.  Re:  How do I put the time_spent field to be mandatory only in a certain status?

Posted Jan 03, 2017 05:47 AM

Hi,

This mostly don't work (my suspicion as I don't know your condition ) because the status transition is trigger on the CR object and you are looking on a attribute of the Act_log object.

You will need to create your condition to take this in consideration and this will require spl

The presave trigger mentioned by Kimmo.andersson sound a more easy and quick solution

/J