CA Service Management

• 1.  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 02, 2017 12:51 PM

I am using a list of properties for a category in specifies my end users indicate that they should be able to complete the information and the same be transferred to the field Description of the ticket is this possible?

• 2.  Re:  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 02, 2017 01:16 PM

You would have to code a trigger and some SPEL or you could do it as part of a PAM process.

• 3.  Re:  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 02, 2017 01:27 PM
    Currently it would be without pam

• 4.  Re:  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 03, 2017 06:19 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand your requirements,

What will be your objectives as duplicating this information to the description if already available in the properties tab?

/J

• 5.  Re:  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 04, 2017 09:55 AM

actually i need duplicating this information because auditing point. 

• 6.  Re:  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 09:35 AM

HI Jonathan,

so back to your initial business requirements.

you would like to be able to audit any modifications been done to the properties after the initial saving of your ticket?

as copying to the description may or not be the path to archive this..

/J

• 7.  Re:  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 12:42 PM
    I am currently using the fields required in some categories of my service desk for example asset movement. In this sense I require as field required (properties) 1-asset number 2-place of origin 3-place of destination  The user and the analyst of 1st level complete the ticket but the audit staff requires that the information that was reflected in the ticket in an initial way as required field is reflected in the description of the same  Original description would be: Move the equipment  Expected description Move the equipment Number of assets: 123456 Place of origin: Area A Place of destination: Area B

• 8.  Re:  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 22, 2017 10:09 PM

Some time back I wrote a PAM process, launched on copying a CR template, which scans Summary and Description for 'tags' comprising '#<property label>#', then substitutes the relevant property value for the tag.  It worked quite well.  You could do something similar in spel, or using a 'remote reference' calling pdm_perl and pdm_load - depending on which technology you prefer to engage :-).

Jerome's point is entirely valid - what happens if someone updates a property after this substitution has been done?  So you also fire the process on a property update, look up the template and repeat the substitution, and too bad if someone has added extra text to the summary or description...

Hope that helps!

Regards,

James

• 9.  Re:  Add contents of the values in the properties of the category as content of the ticket description?

Posted Jan 22, 2017 10:58 PM

hi,

could you clarify, is this question about storing data (should be if you're planning to display data in reports or pass using integration) or simply displaying to end-user (using web interface of your service desk)?

If displaying is the only thing you need, you can simply fetch all properties using PDM_LIST and apped to description using JavaScript while form in Read mode.

Regards,

cdtj