CA Service Management

• 1.  Queue in Support automation

Posted Jan 03, 2017 03:48 AM

Hi Folks,

I have created multiple queues in CA SDM Support Automation. Now I want to add members (analysts) in those queues but I don't get any option to do the same.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks in advance.

Vikash

• 2.  Re: Queue in Support automation
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 03, 2017 05:07 AM

Hi,

On what release are you?

do you use the embedded SA or a standalone install?

I don't think this is possible by default at the analyst level.

You will need to create a specific Support automation Access level (under Adminstration/security and role management node)  and set the queues available there.

Then you assign this SA Access Level to a Role and the Role to an Access Type or individuals.

Not really nice to manage as depending on your case you may need to create/manage several access/roles.

The only way I see to be able to segregate in a more dynamic way  at analyst group level will be to use data partition.

Hope this help.

/J

• 3.  Re: Queue in Support automation

Posted Jan 03, 2017 05:51 AM

Thanks Jerome for your quick reply.

I am working on r14.1.

I have installed SA on our dev server which is stand alone. However our test and prod servers are not standalone. Test and Prod servers are on AA mode.

I got your view.

I still thinking that CA should have an option to do that. It is strange how the queue will be picked up by which analyst.

Even if we use data partition to hide the queue to some analyst, in feature we can have an area that goes to the hidden queue and analyst will not be able to pick up that queue.

Regards,

Vikash

• 4.  Re: Queue in Support automation

Posted Jan 03, 2017 06:17 AM

yep agree that the current implementation is not optimal to manage.

Maybe something to submit as an idea for improvment

/J