CA Service Management

• 1.  CA customization such that the status gets changed in 15 days if no input is provided.

Posted Jan 04, 2017 12:16 AM

We need to customize CA such that if a ticket is in a particular state for more than 15 days , the status should be directly changed to resolved.

Eg:

If the ticket is in "Awaiting end user response" and the user doesn't respond within 15 days,then the ticket should directly be resolved.

How can this be done ? Please provide your inputs.

• 2.  Re: CA customization such that the status gets changed in 15 days if no input is provided.

Posted Jan 04, 2017 08:24 AM

Hi Sanketkumar, 

This can be done with an activity association for which event can be kicked off when the status is changed to "Awaiting end user response" - That event can have a condition and action macro to close the ticket, and with a delay time of 15 days, which would close the ticket at that time as long as the status still meets the condition.

You can read more about using auto-close here:  Automatic Closure of Tickets - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CA customization such that the status gets changed in 15 days if no input is provided.

Posted Jan 04, 2017 11:36 PM

We do not want to autoclose it , we just want to change the status to Resolved.

The macro is as follows:

if (( !is_null(getval_by_name("status")) && getval_by_name("status") == "AEUR" ))
    set_return_data(TRUE);
    else
    set_return_data(FALSE);

The problem we are facing right now is that the event with this macro is not getting triggered when the status is changed to "Awaiting end user response".

• 4.  Re: CA customization such that the status gets changed in 15 days if no input is provided.

Posted Jan 05, 2017 04:38 PM

1. You have already created the Site-Defined Condition macro

2. Now create an Event that can be used to test and update the status after 15 days (360 hours)

3. Finally, add the event to the Update Status Activity Notification

• 5.  Re: CA customization such that the status gets changed in 15 days if no input is provided.

Posted Jan 05, 2017 05:51 PM

After some more thought I realized that you needed another macro and another event

4. A macro to attach the macro defined in step 2 above

5. This following event is the one that should be added to the Update Status Activity Notification instead of the one I specified in step 3 above

• 6.  Re: CA customization such that the status gets changed in 15 days if no input is provided.

Posted Jan 11, 2017 07:36 AM

We tried implementing what you suggested but it is still not working . We want the event to trigger as soon as the status is changed to "Awaiting end user response" Right now the event is getting triggered in all the status. 

• 7.  Re: CA customization such that the status gets changed in 15 days if no input is provided.

Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:20 PM

It's a little difficult to debug this without seeing what you have done. Please email me (lindsay@iteduconsultants.com) with your contact information and a time you would be available to have a time sharing session.

• 8.  Re: CA customization such that the status gets changed in 15 days if no input is provided.

Posted Jan 11, 2017 09:25 AM

Hi,

this could be achivied using spel, you'll need:

1) to create an event and action macro to switch ticket to resolved status, out-of-the-box Set Status = Resolved fits well;

2) mod file:

MODIFY cr POST_CI z_cr_aeur_status(persistent_id, status) 192 FILTER ( (status {->'AEUR'}) || (status {'AEUR'->}) );

3) spl file:

use this doc SPEL EVENT methods to attach/cancel events;

code part:

cr::z_cr_aeur_status(...) {
         string old_value, new_value, persid;

persid = (string)argv[3];
         old_value = (string)argv[5];
         new_value = (string)argv[6];
         if ( (new_value == 'AEUR') && (old_value != 'AEUR') ) {
              // attach event here
         } else if ( (new_value != 'AEUR') && (old_value == 'AEUR') ) {
              // cancel event here
         }
    }

Additional:

- I moved macro to POST_CI to prevent user waiting event creation/cancellation;

- I recommend to register own functions to ease frequent actions like attaching/cancelling events;

Regards,

cdtj