DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Posted Jan 04, 2017 09:01 AM

Hi All,

What is role of origin in robots ,Hope origin is the identity that indicates the native hub where the robot is reporting primarily ,Whenever the robots are failing to the secondary hub we could see secondly hub origin name also .so the robot is reporting to two origins .Whether it is the default behavior of UIM or it can be fixed as a default origin name too. Share the inputs. 

• 2.  Re: Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 09:07 AM

So if the robot has a primary hub and secondary hub client would usually go into the setup for each hub and make sure the origin is the same to prevent the robots from having two origins.

If you are not an MSP or have no business need for multiple origins you can always go into the setup for all hubs and make them all the same origin so this is not an issue either.

By default each hub has an origin of its own name.

hope this helps

• 3.  Re: Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Posted Jan 04, 2017 09:37 AM

When it integrated with Spectrum whether it may cause any issue ?

• 4.  Re: Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 09:46 AM

To clear up the problem you would need to do a discovery reset

This will change the cs_id and could cause a problem where the systems would need to be reset on the spectrum side.

The change to origin alone should not cause an issue, but I would check with your spectrum team on that to be sure.

• 5.  Re: Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Posted Jan 04, 2017 10:06 AM

I can do a discovery reset ,and if i again failover is happened between hubs the robot will report to DR origin ,once it is integrated with spectrum we cannot reset the discovery to resolve this issue ..What all the key roles (cs_id,i.e)parameters requires to a model a device in spectrum.

• 6.  Re: Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 11:26 AM

Hi so the first think you need to do is correct the origins on the failover hubs to they match the primary hub.

Once that is done then the discovery reset can be done.

You will need to setup the spectrum side again

Currently there is no other way on the UIIM side to correct this other than a discovery reset for the devices affected

• 7.  Re: Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Posted Jan 26, 2017 12:52 PM

I have done a complete discover y again ...after 24 hours the i could see some 50 robots reporting to dual origin ,after a day it has been increased to 800..There was no fail over also happened between hubs.

• 8.  Re: Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Posted Jan 06, 2017 07:01 PM

Just to give you an option to consider, you can also specify the origin for each robot. When origin is set on the robot, it overrides the hub origin. In Admin Console, you can set robot origin in the Setup section of the Controller probe configuration, and you can also specify the origin for a robot during robot deploy with USM.

• 9.  Re: Robots Failover and Origin Mapping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2017 12:57 PM

You probably should open a support case for this.