CA Service Management

• 1.  Manual notification of enduser convert as attach doc

Posted Jan 04, 2017 06:04 AM

Hi,

When have enabled 'Attach Doc' notification

we want to send this 'Attach doc' notificaiton only to analyst only when enduser tries to attach something to the ticket via interface.

Because when analyst send manual notification to enduser of the ticket and when a user replies to an email it becomes a log comment and also the email which end user replies to the analyst manaul notifcaiton converting as attachment by system genereated ahd and attaching the end user reply which replied from manaul notification of analyst to attachment section and in turn the same is capturing under ticket activity log as 'attach doc' by system ahd genereated'

Due to this we are getting two notification one is for log comment and one is for attach doc activity type.

to prevent this does any one have idea on how to prevent converstion of enduser reply to attach doc

• 2.  Re: Manual notification of enduser convert as attach doc

Posted Jan 04, 2017 07:05 AM

I totally agree!  We also have the entire email that is sent to create a ticket being attached, and so for every new ticket created, there are 2 emails sent.  I've had numerous complaints about this, but haven't found a way to suppress the attach doc email when it's not the only notification being sent.  It would be fantastic if someone has a way to resolve this.

Thanks.

Tammy

• 3.  Re: Manual notification of enduser convert as attach doc

Posted Jan 13, 2017 10:50 AM

Hi Tammy,

Unfortunately the trigger for attachment notifications does not check to see what method was used to attach the document, so an email attachment appears to be the same as an attachment created through the web UI.  It might be possible to write a complicated customization to accompany the upload button in SDM, but I imagine that would be a difficult task.

Have you raised this as an Idea for an enhancement request?  Since we have at least two people in this thread who want this functionality, it may make sense to pose it to the wider community as well.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can do as well.

Regards,

Marty

• 4.  Re: Manual notification of enduser convert as attach doc

Posted Jan 13, 2017 05:22 PM

Hi.

Unfortunately I'm not able to test this in my environment. What I would like to see is a record extract of the attach doc activity log created by the GUI and an extract of such an activity log created by an incoming mail. 

If there would be differences, which I hope to be there, these could be used in a condition which could then be used in a notification rule to prevent notification in one case.

Someone able to provide these two extracts?

Thank you and kind regards

.....Michael