DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  CDM probe - VS2010

Posted Jan 04, 2017 03:31 PM

I'm preparing a new UIM environment for a new client and we will use the latest versions of UIM as well the probes.... but reviewing the notes from cdm probe I found something that concerns me and as well concerns a lot to our client as there will be 2000 Windows servers to be in monitoring...

The note states a known issue about "The probe might reboot the server when VS2010 redistributable package is installed"   but there is not any details about it... this apply if the Windows OS is 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 or even 2016? 80% of the servers from the client are production, hence how can I ensure which amount of those servers will be rebooted or if some specific conditions on the server are present then the reboot will happen....

Have you deal with this on upgrades or new installations? 

Any information will be useful for me, thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: CDM probe - VS2010

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 03:40 PM

There was a version 1.00 of the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 package in the archive that did not have the /norestart

command line switch on it.

If CDM is updated and this old version is in the archive it will cause a system reboot.

You can remove the old archive 1.00 package and download the latest 1.01 version that has this flag set so it should not cause a problem when deployed.

You can test this in your lab to verify that the new packages corrects the issue.

Support has not seen this as an issue with anyone who has updated the package to 1.01 version

hope this helps