DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Step by Step way to migrate UMP/Unified Reporter from one VM to Another VM

Posted Jan 05, 2017 03:38 AM

My existing UIM setup has below scenario -
    UIM, UMP, UR on one VM and DB has install on another VM.

I want to divide existing UIM components into 2 server due to performance issues :
    1) Primary NMS server i.e. UIM
    2) UMP / UR server

Now due to performance issues recommended to have UIM and UMP/UR on different machine. At this stage i dont want to rework on new UMP Server for activities such as Discovery of servers, Monitoring parameters of servers, Customization of SLM, Performance, Unified Reports etc which already done on existing UMP server and do not want to take risk of loosing UMP/Reports existing data.
    Now what is the step-by step guide to uninstall existing UMP/Unified Reporter, Installation of UMP/Unified Reporter, how do I backup and restore files/reports/data/database all as it is to the new UMP/Unified Reporter server ?

• 2.  Re: Step by Step way to migrate UMP/Unified Reporter from one VM to Another VM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2017 05:30 AM

• 3.  Re: Step by Step way to migrate UMP/Unified Reporter from one VM to Another VM

Posted Jan 06, 2017 01:38 AM

Hi Sayed,

Thanks for reply.

This will not help much as this link only describes how to uninstall UMP on Linux server. What about migration of UMP and Unified reporter data to new server etc.

• 4.  Re: Step by Step way to migrate UMP/Unified Reporter from one VM to Another VM

Posted Jan 10, 2017 06:01 AM

Hi,

Can i suggest that you raise a case for this request or contact CA Services who would be able to advise you fully on how to do this. 

Thanks

• 5.  Re: Step by Step way to migrate UMP/Unified Reporter from one VM to Another VM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 07:35 AM

All of the information you mention being concerned about is stored in the database.

all you really need to do is install a robot on a new machine

run the ump installer again and point to the new machine

run the ur installer and point to the new wasp.

If you want to remove the old one delete the wasp probe from the primary.

But as was mentioned as this is not a recommended setup to have everything on a single box there are is no documentation for separating it.

I would suggest testing the above in your LAB.