Rally Software

• 1.  can not create story

Posted Jan 05, 2017 08:57 AM

Using CA Agile On Premise version 2016.1 with a Firefox browser using the "new/optional" UI, we are able to create the first story in a session without error.  If we attempt to create a second story in that same session, the Acceptance Criteria field becomes locked.  Since that is a required field, the save button is not enabled and we cannot create the second story.  Is this a bug?

• 2.  Re: can not create story

Posted Jan 05, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi Will -- so upon reading this description of the issue, I immediately thought "Hmm, that's strange."  Then I realized that we don't actually have a field called "Acceptance Criteria" by default! Basically, that means that it is a custom field that your workspace or subscription administrator has created in your subscription and set as a required field. 

I'm not sure even what type of custom field it is or any idea why/how that could happen, but I think it's worth starting by talking to one of the admins to determine how that field is set up. Maybe test a few scenarios (like does it let you save the first story with that field filled, then can you edit the field value?) and even a different browser, clear your cache, etc. 

If it's still happening, it's probably worth a support case so someone can do a WebEx with you to see what's going on firsthand.

• 3.  Re: can not create story

Posted Jan 05, 2017 01:02 PM

Hi John!

Yes, you are correct, it is a custom, required field with a "Text" attribute.  I went through and tried it again and noticed on the second story, all 4 of fields that are of the "Text" attribute type are not enabled!  This includes the Description field and three custom fields.  The only way to continue is to close the session/browser and do one story at a time.

Scenario:
    CAAC/Rally On Prem version 2016.1

Firefox Browser  31.5 ESR

Using New UI, creating second user story, "Text" attribute fields are not enabled.

Are you able to verify/replicate this scenario to see if it is an application bug?

Thanks for your assistance! 

• 4.  Re: can not create story
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 06, 2017 10:24 AM

Hey Will - it sounds more like we'd probably have to investigate further in a support case so we could have an experienced engineer look into this bug with you.