CA Service Management

• 1.  new ticket type M

Posted Jan 05, 2017 10:44 AM

I'd like to create a new ticket type "M" . 

I also created a few factories by copying from similar factories like pcat_mr, crs_mr, pcat_mr_ss, mr_trans etc

But still something missing, I cannot create a ticket.

Is there any documentation / solution about creating a new ticket type?

Regards,

Utku

• 2.  Re: new ticket type M

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2017 04:53 PM

There's certainly no documented procedure for this.

Just to confirm, have you considered using "Issues", I find that many use them as a separate ticket type since they aren't traditionally ITIL related.

Failing that there's going to be quite a bit of customization needed to get this working.

• 3.  Re: new ticket type M

Posted Jan 06, 2017 01:13 PM

What is the exact error you are getting?

ArunavaS

• 4.  Re: new ticket type M

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2017 04:51 PM

why you would need new ticket type?

according to tech ref guide :"

The usp_ticket_type table lists the ticket types referenced by Action Object drop-down list (action_object) in the usp_mailbox_rule table."

so you would like a new type in this "action object" drop-down?  and if that is the case, how you plan to create such a new type ticket?

what ever the reason you would need a new type, it seems to me it requires a lot of customization like new web page(if create the

new ticket type ticket from web interface) etc.

• 5.  Re: new ticket type M

Posted Jan 17, 2017 08:45 AM

Dear Chi

I try to create some tickets which are not exactly defined as request / incident or problem, neither as issue.
    But I have some customizations on call_req table (cr object) which is also helpful for this new ticket type, so I want to create a new ticket type in crt table as Maintenance M and want to be able to create this type of tickets.

Web customization is not an issue for now. First, I need to create ticket with the new ticket type

Regards,

Utku

• 6.  Re: new ticket type M

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 10:26 AM

Utku, if you mean adding a record to the Call_Req_Type table then you can use pdm_load for that purpose. Currently there are 3 records

in this table for cr/in/pr and you can pdm_load with input file like

TABLE Call_Req_Type
                code del desc display_name sym

{ "M" ,"0" ,"Maintenance" ,"crm_detail" ,"Maintenance" }

to add a new one. The command you will run is "pdm_load -f my-input-file" with my-input-file as the above example

Thanks

Chi

• 7.  Re: new ticket type M

Posted Jan 18, 2017 05:16 AM

Dear Chi,

creating a new ticket type is not a problem. I have also done it.

But when i try to create a new ticket with ticket type "M", i receive error messages below. My problem is these red lines

• 8.  Re: new ticket type M

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 10:33 AM

Utku, I think without modification of the source code of SDM you won't be able to create a ticket with a new type(in this case "M"). I also think you may need to reconsider why you would need to have a new case type...it seems to me it could be just a flag in cr/in/pr to indicate the ticket is for maintenance. Adding a flag to cr object is simple. Thanks _Chi